Security Installer Community

Hello

SeanT

Hello, I’m new to the site, installed my Agility system about 4 or 5 years ago and just recently got broken into, anti snap locks now fitted!!!

i have just added the gsm module so I can be texted when the alarm goes off but i can’t find where I set which number it should call (my number), it’s all working as I can text the sim and set/unset the alarm but that’s not really why I got it.

I have a feeling it under the follow me menu but when I try going into the menu it displays “Not Available”, anyone got any suggestions before I contact Risco tech help and make myself look a fool?

3 hours ago, SeanT said:

Hello, I’m new to the site, installed my Agility system about 4 or 5 years ago and just recently got broken into, anti snap locks now fitted!!!

i have just added the gsm module so I can be texted when the alarm goes off but i can’t find where I set which number it should call (my number), it’s all working as I can text the sim and set/unset the alarm but that’s not really why I got it.

I have a feeling it under the follow me menu but when I try going into the menu it displays “Not Available”, anyone got any suggestions before I contact Risco tech help and make myself look a fool?

Thought the GSM module didn't call only text?

Got it sorted, it’s in the user Manual rather than the engineer Manual, just in case anyone else has the problem this is how it’s done:

You send the following text to the sim in your alarm.

code FMPHONE n NEW number

code is the user code for arming alarm.

n is the follow me number, I used 1.

number is the number you want texting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 01/10/2018 at 10:04, SeanT said:

Got it sorted, it’s in the user Manual rather than the engineer Manual, just in case anyone else has the problem this is how it’s done:

You send the following text to the sim in your alarm.

code is the user code for arming alarm.

n is the follow me number, I used 1.

number is the number you want texting.

That's great to know - I just installed a GSM module too. Waiting for my giffgaff sim to arrive. What SIM do you use?

Also can you add multiple Follow Mes for the text e.g:

1234 FMPHONE 1 NEW 07123456789 (FOR ME THE GRAND MASTER)

4321 FMPHONE 2 NEW 07912345678 (FOR USER 2 - THE WIFES PIN)

On 30/09/2018 at 18:06, SeanT said:

Managed to enable follow me which had opened up a number of menus but still can’t find where I set the follow me phone number which I assume is the number the agility calls to send the sms to

Hi mate, I’m getting the same message - not available. 

How did you enable the follow me? 

I’m still waiting to install my sim.

4 hours ago, MaxX said:

That's great to know - I just installed a GSM module too. Waiting for my giffgaff sim to arrive. What SIM do you use?

Yes you can, I used m2m (machine 2 machine) they ensure you sim will never expire 

23 minutes ago, MaxX said:

Hi mate, I’m getting the same message - not available. 

How did you enable the follow me? 

I’m still waiting to install my sim.

13 minutes ago, SeanT said:

ok, I think you need to go into engineers menu using * 0132 

Then go into programming #

Then system #

then controls #

the communications #

Fm enable half unlock symbol (y/n)

Cool thanks for that - I’ll try that later.

I also want my cloud connection to use IP first / then GPRS if IP not available - I saw the setting for that in: Programming > Communication > Cloud

5 minutes ago, MaxX said:

Cool thanks for that - I’ll try that later.

I also want my cloud connection to use IP first / then GPRS if IP not available - I saw the setting for that in: Programming > Communication > Cloud

Can’t really comment on that as I don’t have my system set up like that but hope it works 

On 20/10/2018 at 20:15, SeanT said:

Can’t really comment on that as I don’t have my system set up like that but hope it works 

Just put my SIM in today - added all the FM numbers - did an FM test from the user menu too, FM test basically called my mobile number..

I have a question about arming, I know the GSM is working as it is giving me a status message by text, however when I do an ARM or HOME ARM command:

1234 A

OR

1234 H

It does nothing, No message from panel - checked panel still showing Ready and I did "1234 ST" for status message - got SMS from GSM module that the system is Ready.

Does your SMS arming work? Did you have to do anything else?

Thanks

I think you’re using the wrong commands to set and unset your alarm, you should be using S to set and US to unset so if your code is 1234 then you would use 1234 S to set and 1234 US to unset (I don’t think it’s case sensitive and you can omit the space if you want to). There is a list of commands in the user manual.

Hope this help

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SeanT said:

I think you’re using the wrong commands to set and unset your alarm, you should be using S to set and US to unset so if your code is 1234 then you would use 1234 S to set and 1234 US to unset (I don’t think it’s case sensitive and you can omit the space if you want to). There is a list of commands in the user manual.

Hope this help

That is awesome mate - just tried your commands and they work - S for SET and US for UNSET  :)

Do you know the command for Part Set - I assume 1234 PS?

I am looking at my manual dated June 2013 which informs us to use A FOR ARM, H FOR PART ARM, D FOR DISARM....which is obviously incorrect... Do you know where I can get the latest User Manual from?

Thanks

Edited by MaxX

There are various versions of the user manual that have slightly different commands, such as A and H for arming and disarming (as you found out). The manual I have uploaded is as close to my original paper copy as I could find, however, it is slightly different but for most things it should be ok.

Risco_Agility_User_Manual.pdf

Heres a link I found that matches my manual dated 2012, the previous one is 2009:

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/a1d869e9/files/uploaded/Agility-2-Full-User-Manual-UK1.pdf

Edited by SeanT
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Hello guys,

I have a Risco Agility 3 with IP and GSM - both comms working fine.

I have defined two Follow Me (FM), 1 = Me via SMS and 2 = The Wife via SMS also.

I as FM1 get all SMS for events defined no probs.

However, FM2 (i.e. The wifes phone) does not get anything - her phone is defined correctly - FM test successful (she gets a text) and she can set/unset via sms no probs.

Is this by design perhaps, that the system tries the FM numbers in order and if FM1 IS successful, i.e. a SMS was sent ok to FM1 THEN IT IGNORES ALL OTHER DEFINED FMs?

If so then it's a bit silly, as we would both like to get SMS for all events defined.

Any thought and ideas will be appreciated.

You should be able to set them up like this

On 20/10/2018 at 15:33, MaxX said: