Security Installer Community

I need your advice - control panel

the-oneil

Hello all, I need your help choosing a modern alarm system. 

I know this the right place for independent professional advise.

currently have a Honeywell Galaxy wired alarm with 2 door contact sensors, 2 PIR detectors and smoke alarm.

There is a speech dilar and this is an acoustic only alarm (10 years old now)

i want to upgrade to a better system with some smart features like the ability to use an APP to set/unset/part-set the alarm as well as receive notifications of events,...etc. 

a hybrid system would be great as I’m always weary of completely wireless, also gives me the chance to use the existing wires.

what brand control panel would you really recommend (Professional installation)

we are looking into systems that allows the use of a remote control with panic button for my parents in law if possible, and a proximity of for the rest of the family.

thank you folks for any recommendations 

23 minutes ago, Amps said:

Pyronix Euro 46 is the perfect panel for you. The app is free for the first 12 months and £36 a year thereafter. Good things cost money.

Thank you Amps, I heard great things about Pyronix and Which Magazine rates them high (If that's anything to go by)
Do you know if I can use my existing PIRs & Door Contact sensors with it Or will i need to replace them?

Thanks again

Edited by the-oneil

7 hours ago, the-oneil said:

Thank you, I did not consider Scantronic in the past as I did not think they are reliable compared to Honeywell & Risco 
But will definitely look into it. 

Scantronics better than risky imo 

Have trust in an app and your panel being connected to the internet but not in wireless?

Have you definitely decided you are going to DIY your system?

If the system is operational and in good order, a company could likely take it over stick some radio PA's on and install proper monitoring.

You’re right, I’m looking into monitoring as well.

this is not a DIY, I’m on the lookout for a professional installation, but really struggling to settle on the best possible panel option first.

reliability is my number 1 priority, hence me leaning towards hybrid system, but I stand to be corrected if there is a more reliable alarm system out there.

You will get a wide opinion here, which will just muddy the water, the better way to do this is get three quotes from local co,s I would recomend you choose approved co's then see what they have to offer with apps ect. Choose the COMPANY you feel most comfortable with, they will know the panel they sell inside out (if they are any good) then come here for advice if you feel you still need it. I would not ask a co to install a product they are not familiar with just becuase someone here recomended it, every time it goes wrong they will send an engineer that wont know the panel.

1 hour ago, the-oneil said:

But they don’t offer a hybrid panel, which would allow me to use my existing wires to connect sensors. I’m not full of trust when it comes to 100% wireless alarms tbh

Are making this all up or looking at old stuff ? 

50 minutes ago, the-oneil said:

Sorry I don’t remember what I posted 7 years ago!

Are you making this up or looking at old scantronics gear if you want a hybrid panel and you already have a g2-20 why you want a new panel 

All messed up yeah?