Security Installer Community

Wireless keypad issue

Jdagnew

Hi guys, I’ve just purchased the ricochet 64w with wireless keypad and can’t get it to register on the system. I have followed the instructions and repeated it several times but still no joy. I’m wondering if I have a faulty panel. I install the keypad batteries and quickly replace the back cover and plug in the cable before pressing yes to install the keypad. Yes I have the cable plugged into the engineers port, first thing I checked.It does a search but returns “No Ricochet Network Found“. The only thing I can think of is that I might need to have the backup panel battery fitted which I don’t have yet...it is ordered and should be here soon. Is there something I’m missing here? I know years ago in my old house I had a faulty panel out of the box so I know it can happen. Thanks.

42 minutes ago, donut said:

have you had a look on this thread?  

Yes I did see this one but I couldn’t see anything that would help that I hadn’t already tried. I will try again over the weekend but I’m of the thought that I’m going to need to return the panel for a replacement.

3 hours ago, Jdagnew said:

Yes I did see this one but I couldn’t see anything that would help that I hadn’t already tried. I will try again over the weekend but I’m of the thought that I’m going to need to return the panel for a replacement.

You haven't hard wired yet though

From default 

7 hours ago, al-yeti said:

You haven't hard wired yet though

From default 

I’m not sure what you mean by hard wired? I’m only using wireless on the whole system and I have used the engineer cable to connect from the key pad to the panel. From what I understand, this is the first step when setting up. Once the key pad is connected I can then proceed to learn all the other devices. If I’m missing something please let me know. Thanks.