Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension switch on lights?

stelmo

Can I set a trigger output from the panel that say when the door opens it controls a relay even when the alarm is not set?

i want the input to go to the lights control, save me wiring up other sensors

Galaxy Dimension 96 with RSS

It would probably be wired to an entry exit zone door switch

50 minutes ago, stelmo said:

Can I set a trigger output from the panel that say when the door opens it controls a relay even when the alarm is not set?

i want the input to go to the lights control, save me wiring up other sensors

Galaxy Dimension 96 with RSS

It would probably be wired to an entry exit zone door switch

Waiting for James to say links to follow output?

Program a link with the input as the final zone you want. Then link destination to the first available link. Ie. Link A. After that, change the output you want to link A and set as reflex. The output will trigger when the final zone is open.

22 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Program a link with the input as the final zone you want. Then link destination to the first available link. Ie. Link A. After that, change the output you want to link A and set as reflex. The output will trigger when the final zone is open.

Thanks for that Ill give it a go

You can also do things like set the output to pulse for N seconds to keep the light on for an interval when the door is opened. I also use a level 1 guard code as an input to the link. This allows you to select a code that is entered to switch the lights on. If you're remote and viewing via CCTV, you can then enter the code video a the Virtualkeypad to switch the lights on. I use this same mechanism to open the garage door.

6 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

You can also do things like set the output to pulse for N seconds to keep the light on for an interval when the door is opened. I also use a level 1 guard code as an input to the link. This allows you to select a code that is entered to switch the lights on. If you're remote and viewing via CCTV, you can then enter the code video a the Virtualkeypad to switch the lights on. I use this same mechanism to open the garage door.

Learnt something new, have always made an area with nothing but a code in it to fire an output

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.