Security Installer Community

Honeywell Accenta/optima ADE Gen4 panel display problem

misterm

Hi

I have a Honeywell Accenta/optima ADE Gen4 installed in my home. The system was already installed when we moved in.

I have the bell on the outside of of the garage with 1 display panel and Accenta mini panel on the wall inside the garage.

The 2nd display panel is under the stairs in the house, with a sonit 1 speaker above.

Last night the alarm sounded twice, about 2 hours apart. Each time I checked around the house, nothing to report. I didn't think of checking the log until this morning.

The alarm usually sounds when we have a brief power cut, so before I checked the log, I tried turning the power off and on at the fuse box to double check that the alarm does sound with mains power off. The alarm sounded, so I went to reset it, but the display on each panel is lit but displaying a line of black blocks. While I can reset the alarm and perform other functions on the display panel, I can't see any feedback displayed, other than the blocks in the photo.

I tried turning the mains power off and on again, with the same result. The display was working fine before the first time I tried turning the mains off.

The red power light is lit on the Accenta mini panel in the garage, although it is quite dim, it is on.

I have read other threads on similar problems, but nt this exact one.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks

D

panel.jpg.e29d5ec3150e96f930dbbae5eb504f3c.jpg

Edited by misterm

Thanks for the reply.

It was installed about 4 years ago, just before we moved in.

Would the dim light on the mini panel suggest a faulty battery?

Would my passcode being the same and the alarm sounding with mains power off mean the battery is ok?

D

• 2 years later...
On 31/08/2018 at 09:21, misterm said:

Hi

I have a Honeywell Accenta/optima ADE Gen4 installed in my home. The system was already installed when we moved in.

I have the bell on the outside of of the garage with 1 display panel and Accenta mini panel on the wall inside the garage.

The 2nd display panel is under the stairs in the house, with a sonit 1 speaker above.

Last night the alarm sounded twice, about 2 hours apart. Each time I checked around the house, nothing to report. I didn't think of checking the log until this morning.

The alarm usually sounds when we have a brief power cut, so before I checked the log, I tried turning the power off and on at the fuse box to double check that the alarm does sound with mains power off. The alarm sounded, so I went to reset it, but the display on each panel is lit but displaying a line of black blocks. While I can reset the alarm and perform other functions on the display panel, I can't see any feedback displayed, other than the blocks in the photo.

I tried turning the mains power off and on again, with the same result. The display was working fine before the first time I tried turning the mains off.

The red power light is lit on the Accenta mini panel in the garage, although it is quite dim, it is on.

Thanks

D

Did you have any joy fixing this as I have the same issues after a power cut.no numbers just black boxes

• 1 year later...
On 31/08/2018 at 09:21, misterm said:

Hi

Thanks

D

Panel low voltage 

• 10 months later...

Hello- I wonder if someone has come across this issue with a Honeywell ADE Gene 4 display panel.

My electrical circuit tripped the other day and when I reset it the screen on the panel was filled with two rows of solid squares, where text/numbers would normally be displayed to identify the status of the system. This hasn’t changed after one week but the panel still works and I’m able to set and under the alarm, although can’t see anything whilst going through the process.

Is this something that can be fixed or do I need a new control panel?

Thanks Alex