Security Installer Community

SPC vs galaxy

After taking over a few SPC systems, I'm now wondering if we should make the move over to SPC from Galaxy. We mainly install galaxy and the odd bit of texecom. I was very impressed with the flexibility of the SPC, the camera Integration and the app. Customers seem to love it too. But is it worth making the move?

Edited by xpertalarms

12 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

After taking over a few SPC systems, I'm now wondering if we should make the move over to SPC from Galaxy. We mainly install galaxy and the odd bit of texecom. I was very impressed with the flexibility of the SPC, the camera Integration and the app. Customers seem to love it too. But is it worth making the move?

Spc have good wireless range or as bad as Honeywell?

Found it to be reasonably good, each wireless detector can have it's own activity log which is handy. No issues yet apart from tamper switches being a bit fussy on the door contacts. On another note, it's a bit odd how it doesn't have a speaker output or the equivalent output type of 'ee horn' like on galaxy. Could see it being a pain on a panel change if internal speakers need changing to hi/lo sounders too 

Edited by xpertalarms

agree on speaker output. Think that's an Irish think from its europlex days. I think the spc is a very powerful bit of kit bit dearer than the gal. Love the web i/f and spc connect. There is an output that does ee tones bit its not like horn on the gal.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.