Security Installer Community

Risco door contact error

Scotwarner2000

Hi all, I recently removed a risco door contact from its door frame to repaint the frame.  Once putting the door contact back on the door frame the alarm is now saying that there is an error.

I have a gardtec 600 control panel which states ‘error please enter code’ and when I put the code in to set the alarm it says I need to contact the security firm.

Anyone able to assist with fixing this error without me having to pay for an engineer!

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Scotwarner2000 said:

Hi all, I recently removed a risco door contact from its door frame to repaint the frame.  Once putting the door contact back on the door frame the alarm is now saying that there is an error.

I have a gardtec 600 control panel which states ‘error please enter code’ and when I put the code in to set the alarm it says I need to contact the security firm.

Anyone able to assist with fixing this error without me having to pay for an engineer!

Thanks!

Pictures , make few posts and upload pictures , but you may have had resistors inside it and wired it all back wrong 

1 hour ago, petercts said:

They have the most awkward rear tamper it is a problem to locate the rear spring onto the back plate:(  bet the tamper is on engineers reset :joker: 

Ah I get it now , I did usual didn't read the stuff proper

So it's code reset , does the software do it over the phone on this panel?

Meaning read code code sequence etc

15 hours ago, Scotwarner2000 said:

Hi, It’s a wireless shock and contact detector so I’ve not touched he wiring. I simply removed the panel from the mounting.

As per PeterCTS's comment, I suspect the company will have engineer reset on the tamper.

Have you checked the battery has not come lose?

If you tap on the casing does the LED light?

The risco is in a class of it own :unsure: the manual 110 odd pages they recommend one whole days   training for experienced engineers two if your not   it is read the manual several times

Then go to the wholesaler buy a Texecom or Enforcer  and fit that :D I use one in my junk box to hold the shed door open 

you will end up calling your installer to reset it is designed to be a earner  did the outside sounder trigger when you took the unit off and show a tamper  a hammer logo:smash:

14 hours ago, petercts said:

The risco is in a class of it own :unsure: the manual 110 odd pages they recommend one whole days   training for experienced engineers two if your not   it is read the manual several times

Then go to the wholesaler buy a Texecom or Enforcer  and fit that :D I use one in my junk box to hold the shed door open 

you will end up calling your installer to reset it is designed to be a earner  did the outside sounder trigger when you took the unit off and show a tamper  a hammer logo:smash:

The op is talking about the gardtec 600.