Security Installer Community

Paragon Plus NIGHTMARE!!

James B

I came in the other day and I put in my code like normal, but that didn't work. It just ignored it completely. Then after 3 tries it failed completely. The pulsing buu buu buu noisce stopped and it played a two note boo buu boo buu noise. Along with that there was a high pitched reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee noise from the loft area, which could be the dreaded master blaster :blink: (I didn't even know we had one!!) I tried code and that worked. Now the FAULT and ALARM light is on and the display is flashing E, 6 and I. I called the company but they charge exorbitant prices. I will give it a go myself, although if it goes out of my skill set then will give em a call. Any suggestions? The alarm has been well maintained ever since my parents moved in 20 years ago . New batteries every 3 years, new bell around a year ago (quite flashy if I say myself) and p.i.rs swapped for pet tolerant models (except the DT in the garage). I know a fair bit about alarms and have been playing around with them for a good 4 years at least (I picked up a galaxy and sterling 10 to mess about with, along with a few joblots of pirs and galaxy bits). Any suggestions as to why it might have done this? 

Also I thought it would make sense to let you know of the bits (I know) are on the system. 

1x Paragon Plus Panel

1x Paragon RKP in the garage

3x normal door contacts (z1 - Front door, z4 - Back door and z2 -  garage side door)

1x garage door contact (z2)

2x visonic pet tolerant PIRs (z4 - Living room/kitchen and z5 landing)

1x risco DT pir (z3 garage)

1x pyronix deltabell

Many thanks - James

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

18 minutes ago, James B said:

To be honest I don't see much reason in replacing it. Since it has defaulted I will go through the manual and programme it. The battery is fine (12.45v) so I'll go and set it up and report back. 

Lol

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

it where shit when it where new....

20 yrs later its even shitter

I have to agree even Pyronix would tell you that it was not their best effort. Why the feck did they make it so hard to get out of engineer mode?? did they think that burglars would be programming alarms and wouldnt be able to get out of engineer?? Personally I would skip it and get a proper system 

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

I have to agree even Pyronix would tell you that it was not their best effort. Why the feck did they make it so hard to get out of engineer mode?? did they think that burglars would be programming alarms and wouldnt be able to get out of engineer?? Personally I would skip it and get a proper system 

Come on man , you would have taken it out and installed it home admit it

QIt has reached the end of its useful life, the various componenents have done their shift and now they want to retire in peace. You will have endless problems with it starting soon, and a new equivelant, upgraded actually, set of controls costs less than a tank of petrol for up to 20 years service. You will spend the money anyway in a short space of time so the only thing you acheive by procrastinating is signalling to your neighbours that you are a dick when thething starts false alarming repeatedly when you arent in to silence it.

3 hours ago, petrolhead said:

QIt has reached the end of its useful life, the various componenents have done their shift and now they want to retire in peace. You will have endless problems with it starting soon, and a new equivelant, upgraded actually, set of controls costs less than a tank of petrol for up to 20 years service. You will spend the money anyway in a short space of time so the only thing you acheive by procrastinating is signalling to your neighbours that you are a dick when thething starts false alarming repeatedly when you arent in to silence it.

I agree, so many people say security is high priority on their list but then scrimp when it comes to protecting their home & valuables... It makes no sense, upgrade for peace of mind

8 hours ago, aissecur said:

I agree, so many people say security is high priority on their list but then scrimp when it comes to protecting their home & valuables... It makes no sense, upgrade for peace of mind

And once they say they ready to spend it's £199 for alarm and £299 for cctv