Security Installer Community

Hikvision external DVD writer

Sirtoddius

Hi guys. 

Does anyone know of an external DVD writer that can be used with hikvision nvrs/dvrs preferably a slimline model. Most of the units We fit tend to not have built in writers so a backup has become a two step process. We are now having to burn to USB stick then use a laptop to burn to disc.

'I have contacted hikvision and they sent me a list of compatible writers but I think the list is old as iv searched for them online and most of them are no longer available to buy. We are not able to even buy loads of cheap USB sticks as the NHS trusts and local councils we work for block these on their staffs pcs 

Cheers 

1 hour ago, Sirtoddius said:

Hi guys. 

Does anyone know of an external DVD writer that can be used with hikvision nvrs/dvrs preferably a slimline model. Most of the units We fit tend to not have built in writers so a backup has become a two step process. We are now having to burn to USB stick then use a laptop to burn to disc.

'I have contacted hikvision and they sent me a list of compatible writers but I think the list is old as iv searched for them online and most of them are no longer available to buy. We are not able to even buy loads of cheap USB sticks as the NHS trusts and local councils we work for block these on their staffs pcs 

Cheers 

I assume mostly hd and your not saving much to a disk? What's the point? 

33 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

I assume mostly hd and your not saving much to a disk? What's the point? 

We deal a lot with mental health so they have a lot of incidents (a few a day)that need to be backed up onto DVD for tribunals police etc. It's not the occasional one or I wouldn't bother. 

I've used a Samsung DVD writer external with no problems on my Hikvision dvr as I used the DVS writer space for additional storage HDD this a link to a Samsung DVD writer unit if its of help 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Samsung-8x-Slimline-External-USB-DVD-RW-DVDRW-DVD-Writer-SE-S084C/192627842398?epid=1905148408&hash=item2cd9839d5e:g:F-MAAOSw5UZY-I7r

• Upvote 1

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

9 hours ago, satsuma01 said:

I've used a Samsung DVD writer external with no problems on my Hikvision dvr as I used the DVS writer space for additional storage HDD this a link to a Samsung DVD writer unit if its of help 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Samsung-8x-Slimline-External-USB-DVD-RW-DVDRW-DVD-Writer-SE-S084C/192627842398?epid=1905148408&hash=item2cd9839d5e:g:F-MAAOSw5UZY-I7r

Thank you very much. That looks perfect. 

20 hours ago, Sirtoddius said:

We deal a lot with mental health so they have a lot of incidents (a few a day)that need to be backed up onto DVD for tribunals police etc. It's not the occasional one or I wouldn't bother. 

Bet you have to be nuts to work there :lol::lol:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."