Security Installer Community

EN50131 & PD6662

Amps

What are the differences between the EN50131 & PD6662?

I was asked this last week by the apprentice and had to admit I only knew that PD6662 was EN50131 but with adjustments for the United Kingdom. PD6662 calls for a risk assessment EN50131 does not? Anything else?

8 hours ago, james.wilson said:

pd6662 is the Publisher document' that allows us to use 50131 with certain overides. Grade 2x for example 

Thanks James.

This kids thirst for knowledge has no end. Any other ‘overides’ you can think of?

ta

4 hours ago, james.wilson said:

the 12 hour battery if signalling ac. There's quite a few. Many want to get rid of pd6662 but i have no idea what will happen with brexit 

How much influence is there on regs from Europe? 

Could be worse later when the alarm men get round king Arthur's table and fight over the sword

The original En 5031is closely based on the German regs of the time ,with the keypad within 1m of  the final door etc  ,as   uk aluminium doors  are often in the middle of the shop front with glass  both sides  no place for the key pad   and the lock also had to secure the door and arm the system this would be the only entry point into the building from outside with the system set  pd 6662 was the uks attempt to make it work over here with police response   bet he retired before the ink was dry

got involved in the great ideas before this came in worked for the idiot that suggested it might be a good idea so we could work all over the eu  he had never been on the tools also wanted standby battery to do 7 days 

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I think he meant the EU, not the standards. I suspect after Brexit we will have to adopt a lot of the EU standards until we have our own. 

Yeah well essentially it's all only for police call out and insurance discount , otherwise still won't matter .......

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Yeah well essentially it's all only for police call out and insurance discount , otherwise still won't matter .......

I didnt mean just for this industry I meant for quite a few things. With no BS for stuff people will start importing loads of dangerous stuff like electricals with no fuses and meat with cancerous preservatives, and underpants with no elastic. Standards cover most things, without them we have no statutory rights 

46 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I didnt mean just for this industry I meant for quite a few things. With no BS for stuff people will start importing loads of dangerous stuff like electricals with no fuses and meat with cancerous preservatives, and underpants with no elastic. Standards cover most things, without them we have no statutory rights 

Yeah no elastic will be a problem man