Security Installer Community

Scoping out the existing alarm in my new house

Hi all.

A couple of years ago several of you here kindly guided me along and helped me with several aspects of installing an alarm at my old house. It was a Texecom Ricochet with a comm wifi unit. It was great and never had a false alarm, although configuring the wifi part was a real un-intuitive bugger.

Well, last week I moved into my new house. I didn't get much in the way of documentation for anything as it had been empty for a couple of years / was probate.

However, I did get a user guide for the alarm, which is entitled RISCO "GT 600 601 control panel" and seems to have been installed in 2015.

There is a t-tag thing by the front door, a large main box in the garage (I guess this is called the "control panel"), a clearly wired PIR in the garage, what seems to be wireless PIRs dotted around the house, a door contact (wired or wireless I'm not sure), an external siren box, and possibly an internal siren (I opened it up thinking it was a air freshener!! It didn't set the alarm off though!). There's also a blinking box in the loft, I guess which is somehow serving the external siren box but I'm unsure what this is, unless it's a battery pack or something?? In the garage by the main box is a telephone socket. There's also a really old siren box at the back of the house, whether this is defunct or not I don't know.

When I present the keyfob to the tag box, it presents me with three options: set alarm, remove zones, test alarm.

I don't have any codes for the alarm, just the fobs. I don't even know if they are all for the same user or not (it doesn't welcome me like the texecom).

What I've love to know is more about the alarm please, and how I can start to configure it myself, like I did with the texecom. I like to know everything about things and be in control, but at the present I seem to be severely limited! I guess I need a master code or be able to reset it. In the instructions it said the master code was ##REMOVED## but this doesn't work unsurprisingly. Is it wireless and wired? Is it any good?

Many thanks in advance.

20180818_202539[1].jpg

20180818_202549[1].jpg

20180818_202601[1].jpg

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

Hi. I think it was ##REMOVED## and the master was ##REMOVED##. Neither work.

No idea re loft. When I get up there again soon I'll take a pic! There's only about 4 PIRs though in the house, so would that need an expander?

Yes the rkp is fine, it's just my camera!

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

3 hours ago, bennynoneck said:

Hi. I think it was 1234 and the master was 5678. Neither work.

No idea re loft. When I get up there again soon I'll take a pic! There's only about 4 PIRs though in the house, so would that need an expander?

Yes the rkp is fine, it's just my camera!

Plenty info on web though

21 minutes ago, bennynoneck said:

Well I got the master code! That allows me to authorise an engineer.....

Can you get a newer control panel I could swap that lets you use an app i wonder?

Most panels now require an engineer for app registration

Then you have things like the Yale free app atthe moment.....

What other systems have free app? Risco have started charging , you can get selfmon for galaxy or the free gx app providing you got a fixed up and so on 

Pyronix charge ? Or needs installer not sure

• 4 months later...

Hi

Sorry to dredge this back up but I now have all the necessary codes and have checked the entire set up with regards to how the part arming is configured etc.

I do have a question though as although I can get the instruction manual for the unit is can't seem to find anything on the wireless pirs......

They are all set to flash theit lights when they are set off but I can only seem to get them to light up every few minutes and they seem quite tempeamental(risco T92). Inside they have options for mode and pulse but I can't see anything online about these options (pulse 1 2 3, mode full norm fast). Can I adjust the sensitivity? 

Thanks!