Security Installer Community

Veritas R8 will not programme

Gary H

I have replaced a damaged Veritas 8 compact panel with a R8 with RKP build revision 3. When part setting the system the factory setting for zone 1 is "guard" instead of "entry/exit" for full setting.

I wanted to change the part setting to "entry/exit" to suit my set up. However when I attempted to enter the programming function and selected option 21 I received a single fault tone. I then tried to select other programming modes and received the single fault tone, with the exception of the walk test and date/time options. 

I had changed the user code, I have changed that back to 4321, I also appear to have the option to change the engineer code, I have not done this.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gary

Thanks, I realise where I was going wrong.

I have another problem, this time with the external sounder.

The cable supplying the existing sounder has 4 cores, previously 2 used for +ve and -ve, 2 used for the tamper circuit.

I have bought a kinetic AZ-Tech AZ-220 external sounder, that appears to require 5 cores for it to function correctly.

I was thinking of not using the tamper function (the sounder is pretty difficult to reach), shorting the switch on the sounder and tamper circuit in the control panel.

Any suggestions? Running in another cable is not an option.

Thanks!

Running another cable would always be the preferred option.

Alternatively wireless, not having a strobe connected or commoning the strobe and bell trig. Latter can have issues with some boxes.

I certainly wouldn't install something without a tamper, also consider that four core maybe very old (you may not know how its routed) if you loose a core in the future your back to square one.