Security Installer Community

Fire Alarm Class B: Texecom Premier Elite?

bdo21

I need a class B fire alarm - I would like to use the fire alarm functionality on the Texecom Premier Elite panel but I have heard conflicting reports regarding whether  the Texecom Premier Elite is Class B or Class C. I called Texecom support and they were totally useless/ignorant. Does anyone know whether it is Class B or Class C?

Thank you

12 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

I need a class B fire alarm - I would like to use the fire alarm functionality on the Texecom Premier Elite panel but I have heard conflicting reports regarding whether  the Texecom Premier Elite is Class B or Class C. I called Texecom support and they were totally useless/ignorant. Does anyone know whether it is Class B or Class C?

Thank you

You going to use a separate panel linked to the texecom?

Or just use the texecom with alarm cable?

I got no idea by the way just asking if that matters before experts arrive here with there fire beams

41 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Who has asked for this "Class B" fire alarm? Are you in the UK?

Bear in mind a Premier is an intruder alarm system with an option for a fire zone type therefore not a "fire alarm system" as such.

Our building control officer has said we need a class B fire alarm. I was wondering if we could use the Texecom panel but I take your point it is not a fire alarm system. Perhaps that answers my question that we cannot use it!

Thank you

15 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

The UK. We have a storey which is more than 200 sq m in a newbuild house and I have been told there is no flexibility

I assume employed both an architect & an electrical contractor ?

You have interlinked smoke alarm at the moment ?

Mr? Veritas God

16 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I assume employed both an architect & an electrical contractor ?

You have interlinked smoke alarm at the moment ?

Yes for the architect and electrical contractor. It came up when the electrical contractor were reviewing the plans and then confirmed with building control.

We don’t have any smoke alarm system currently - it is a newbuild house. We had planned nest protect - nothing sophisticated!

19 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

Yes for the architect and electrical contractor. It came up when the electrical contractor were reviewing the plans and then confirmed with building control.

err..have'nt interlinked mains powered smoke alarm been a requirement for new builds for the last 25yrs or so ?

19 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

We don’t have any smoke alarm system currently - it is a newbuild house. We had planned nest protect - nothing sophisticated!

Looking at there site its does'nt appear to confirm to any std ?

Is the property wired & plastered yet ?

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

Texecom panel does not comply to BS5839 part 6  LD2/3/4 Grade B its an intruder alarm that has the ability to take smoke detectors, but these are purely to be treated ancillaries and do not comply with BS5839 in any way  

Just now, PeterJames said:

Texecom panel does not comply to BS5839 part 6  LD2/3/4 Grade B its an intruder alarm that has the ability to take smoke detectors, but these are purely to be treated ancillaries and do not comply with BS5839 in any way  

Thank you for the very clear response! I clearly need a separate fire alarm and link it to the Texecom panel for notifications, etc. 

9 minutes ago, bdo21 said:

I guess nobody thought of this before then.

you doing  a wanky "grand design" project ?

I'd assume you need either need mains powered interlink smoke detectors or bs 5839 pt1 fire alarm

normally somebody with an understanding of construction & buildings regulations like a competent architect would have advised or taken advice on whats required ?

Mr? Veritas God

1 minute ago, bdo21 said:

and link it to the Texecom panel for notifications, etc. 

Texecom connect ?

If the house is high end, & the requirement is for a proper fire alarm signalling via an intruder alarm isn't good eneough

Mr? Veritas God

So "Grade B"

Grade B - Fire detection and alarm system comprising fire detectors (other than smoke alarms), fire alarm sounders and control and indicating equipment to either BS EN 54-2 (and power supply to BS EN 54-4), or to Annex C of BS 5839: Pt.6

Mains interlinked would be Grade D, so not good enough for building control due to being over 200m2. 

You need to speak to a fire alarm installer, they would be able to liaise with building control about the Grade and Category if required.