Security Installer Community

On call

whistle

Why is it that every time I cover weekend call out due to holidays etc, I seem to get a phone call off a mate I haven’t seen for years asking if I am going out for a pint tonight.

The way it goes I suppose.

We get on average three calls a week, most of our chaps still go about their business whilst on call, they just cant drink or go too far out of our area (which to be fair that would mean getting on a plane) with remote login to alarm systems nowadays its all very easy on call 

• Downvote 1

23 hours ago, PeterJames said:

We get on average three calls a week, most of our chaps still go about their business whilst on call, they just cant drink or go too far out of our area (which to be fair that would mean getting on a plane) with remote login to alarm systems nowadays its all very easy on call 

How do implement remote access?

09EE24DA-6C8C-4694-A03F-51E32665C811.thumb.jpeg.2093ad93375ee0b71d0ee45868193633.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amps said:

How do implement remote access?

09EE24DA-6C8C-4694-A03F-51E32665C811.thumb.jpeg.2093ad93375ee0b71d0ee45868193633.jpeg

Sorry I meant the customer can remote log in not us, keyholders reset the alarm without attending site even, whereas when I was an engineer the customer couldnt reset on a non confirmed alarm there wasnt such a thing they were all alarm activations, and they all required a engineers reset.

Yeah I know what you mean about engineer resets. Was a real money spinner for me 1998-2006ish.

I only asked the question as it seems some companies are allowing their engineers to connect to the Pyronix cloud using the insite software from their home computers. An engineer or even more worrying an ex-engineer can connect anytime. This can be disabled buy the user but most customers wouldn’t know how.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Sorry I meant the customer can remote log in not us, keyholders reset the alarm without attending site even, whereas when I was an engineer the customer couldnt reset on a non confirmed alarm there wasnt such a thing they were all alarm activations, and they all required a engineers reset.

Is it possible they still getting done over when resetting remotely or they all have CCTV , or you get plenty FA on your installs?

15 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Is it possible they still getting done over when resetting remotely or they all have CCTV , or you get plenty FA on your installs?

unconfirmed alarm, the customer can see which zone and decide if its false or not. If an intruder gets in they will trip two detectors for sure, we always make sure that the detection is close enough together or that areas of value have two detectors.  Ive done it myself if we leave the aircon on in the workshop it blows stuff around, I switch off the aircon and reset the alarm from the app