Security Installer Community

G2 via RSS serial lead

Gents,

Not got access to trade yet due to posts count, so, if anyone can offer input on the following;

Trying to connect to a G2-44 locally with the A228 serial lead and fully up to date RSS. Keep getting "bad reply" fault when trying to connect. Default downloader ID is in, set unique site ID in panel and RSS. Honeywell tech useless just said that I'll need to keep changing serial ports and try and if it doesn't connect I'm all outta luck! Cheers in advance

Al- it come back with "bad response" after a minute of saying getting identification.

Nova- think

that's how I hit it to begin with, but need try that one again to make certain.

Just a thought, does deleting the downloader ID in the panel and setting it back as the default actually achieve that, or is it like the rest of the range where you need to default the panel to clear a previously set downloader ID?

I ask the above as whilst on site I was lead to believe it was a panel my company had installed and commissioned, only after leaving site I was informed it was actually installed by others so may have been remoted with a different downloader ID. Newish to this company 

Do you only have one com port on the system. Ie. When you open the Comms manager in the system tray, then select the hammer icon, how many com ports show?

The error you are seeing is more likely a driver error, as when the connection is made and downloader id or site id are incorrect, you get a message relating to downloader or site id.

Just the one com port, it's an ftdi chipset usb to serial adaptor, which I would question but for the fact it works on every panel I've ever had it on regardless of brand etc...

Very sound point actually yes I do recall having specific errors relating to ID, password etc in the past on other galaxy's.

4 hours ago, Leebaker99 said:

Al- it come back with "bad response" after a minute of saying getting identification.

Nova- think

that's how I hit it to begin with, but need try that one again to make certain.

Just a thought, does deleting the downloader ID in the panel and setting it back as the default actually achieve that, or is it like the rest of the range where you need to default the panel to clear a previously set downloader ID?

I ask the above as whilst on site I was lead to believe it was a panel my company had installed and commissioned, only after leaving site I was informed it was actually installed by others so may have been remoted with a different downloader ID. Newish to this company 

So as said above first issue is connection , and will be a problem with the port

I must admit I had this at beginning when first tried it but resolved after messing around with ports