Security Installer Community

Anyone come across one of these?

23 minutes ago, Ashton said:

I've no idea I googled the company they seem to Be still going but don't do intruder Alarm detectors anymore , maybe some of the old timers fitted some back in the day 

Yes let's wait for the old monkies , there on stair lifts right now , as a side job of course 

Fitted these back before the days of map6   late 70s before the days of plastic  cases, used to be wired  first to alarm  latch ,had  to fit up to ten on a single zone panel at first :lol: now wired eol  nice to see an attempt to make it grade 2

Remember the case shape has it got Elkron  [Italian]or Peake [uk rip off] on the label it is  first detector I saw that had an led not a bulb 

They put  an old gunn diode micro- wave in that case, and ultrasonics with ceramic coils  and later even a single element  pir  he relay clicked so loud people complained  most failed and replaced with Aritech  Du series or later Racal 771 single element pir

• Upvote 1

whats the map 6? And it's peake on the back like you say metal enclosure looks in fair condition For its age I'll have to stick it on a battery get the Meter on it see if relays still working, ill mod it surely could get it up to grade 3 :whistle:

24 minutes ago, petercts said:

Fitted these back before the days of map6   late 70s before the days of plastic  cases, used to be wired  first to alarm  latch ,had  to fit up to ten on a single zone panel at first :lol: now wired eol  nice to see an attempt to make it grade 2

Remember the case shape has it got Elkron  [Italian]or Peake [uk rip off] on the label it is  first detector I saw that had an led not a bulb 

They put  an old gunn diode micro- wave in that case, and ultrasonics with ceramic coils  and later even a single element  pir  he relay clicked so loud people complained  most failed and replaced with Aritech  Du series or later Racal 771 single element pir

R u retiring soon?

Just now, MrHappy said:

You lucky enough to be retired ?

Ah you beat me to it 

Yes after 42 years [ a life sentence for murder is less ] and I do not  know how many installs or sales I  forget all the companies I worked for :o I am supposed to be semi retired but we moved house and I just had to rip the Risco wireless c--p out :D I have found a proper use for the panel use it to hold shed door open it even cannot do that reliably :oops:

• Like 2

One of the fist mass produced detectors to meet bs 4737  1971 that was not made  for one of the big companies or that  you did not have to buy direct in bulk :oand you could buy from this new thing called a wholesaler :rolleyes:  they cost so much each one had to be signed for and the empty box returned

Most things in the late 70s had to be   made in house even  panels and out side bells, we even made door contacts   reed switch glued on to an aluminium plate  made in small batches   with final assembly by the stores man 

• Like 1