Security Installer Community

Help with resetting Accenta 6

Seb

Hi, a house that I've just moved in to has got an Accenta 6 system fitted and I'm having trouble with resetting it, could anyone help?

Firstly, having not seen the system before, we pressed the PA button in the living room (we didn't know what it was, oops!) and then we managed to turn off the alarm on the keypad, but we haven't got a key to reset the button (I've just ordered one).

Yesterday, I was changing a light switch so I had to turn off the power to the lights on our fuseboard. When I turned the fuse back on the alarm sounded, outside and in. I typed in the code which silenced the alarm, but it has left the strobe light flashing outside. The keypad now seems to be locked, nothing happens when I press any of the buttons.

Could anybody please advise on how I can reset the system? I need to stop this strobe flashing, and we need the alarm to be working asap.

I apologise if this is something that is already covered on the forum, I couldn't see anything that matched the issue that I'm having.

Many thanks!

The system has probably locked out with the PA button being still activated, also appears like the back up battery is well past its best and needs replacing...

I would strongly consider either a system upgrade (as the panel is very old) or a service by a professional

2 minutes ago, aissecur said:

The system has probably locked out with the PA button being still activated, also appears like the back up battery is well past its best and needs replacing...

I would strongly consider either a system upgrade (as the panel is very old) or a service by a professional

Thanks for the quick reply!

So when I'm able to reset the PA button, would I be able to reset the system then? How much would a professional charge for a service, and what would that include? This is the first house I've had with an alarm system, so it's all a bit new to me.

1 minute ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

As above really.

Seems like the system is locked out either in Tamper or PA. You would need to clear the fault before it will then reset.

I would recommend you have someone service the system, replace the batteries, check everything over and reprogram it to your needs.

At the moment the "Attack" button is lit up, along with the power button. I'll see if I can find a decent company do to it. 

I see you're in the North West, any chance you could recommend a company near Sale/Cheshire?

Best thing is to look on the NSI website and pick a local company from there... These companies have all been vetted

Depending on what issues they find will govern the overall price, but im sure they will give you a standard service cost if you ask...

17 minutes ago, aissecur said:

Best thing is to look on the NSI website and pick a local company from there... These companies have all been vetted

Depending on what issues they find will govern the overall price, but im sure they will give you a standard service cost if you ask...

Ok, fair enough. Many thanks for the advice! It seems odd to have to service it just because of this fault.

I'll firstly see if resetting the PA button can make it come back to life, hopefully that'll do the trick. It's a bit annoying how the system is linked up to the lights! I assume that if we got a new battery, turning off the fuse wouldn't make the alarm go off.

The service is because it's been a non-maintained system so checks would need to be done, part of this would be to diagnose the fault and get the system operational.

Having a service and repair is more cost effective in the long run than someone resetting your PA for the cost of a call out.

If your alarm system sounds when isolating the power it clearly shows the system hasn't been serviced in a good while and the battery will be dead.

Expect an incoming approved company to recommend a panel upgrade and service contract too.

Like everything in life if you look after it it will last longer, you wouldnt not service your car, it might breakdown and leave you stranded. Its the same with an alarm system it might breakdown @ silly oclock in the morning and you may not be able to silence it 

35 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Like everything in life if you look after it it will last longer, you wouldnt not service your car, it might breakdown and leave you stranded. Its the same with an alarm system it might breakdown @ silly oclock in the morning and you may not be able to silence it 

You know these days people don't service cars either , and any car worth less than a grand most don't bother with timing belt , once it snaps throw the car away 

But when alarm panel snaps no one wants to pay for a new one......

3 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

The service is because it's been a non-maintained system so checks would need to be done, part of this would be to diagnose the fault and get the system operational.

Having a service and repair is more cost effective in the long run than someone resetting your PA for the cost of a call out.

If your alarm system sounds when isolating the power it clearly shows the system hasn't been serviced in a good while and the battery will be dead.

Expect an incoming approved company to recommend a panel upgrade and service contract too.

Top info, cheers for that! Hopefully resetting the PA will do it, failing that I'll have a look for an engineer to fix/replace it. Hopefully it won't cost too much!

Cheers all, for the info :). 

4 hours ago, Seb said:

Top info, cheers for that! Hopefully resetting the PA will do it, failing that I'll have a look for an engineer to fix/replace it. Hopefully it won't cost too much!

Cheers all, for the info :). 

Hope PA button dont snap when you turn that key lol