Security Installer Community

HONEYWELL ACCORD

briso

HI ALL I HAVE A HONEYWELL ACCORD HOME ALARM THAT I GOT INSTALLED IN 2007 THAT HAS NEVER GIVEN ME ANY PROBLEMS UNTIL THE OTHER DAY THERE WHEN THE TRANSFORMER GAVE UP ON ME I WENT TO MY LOCAL ALARM SHOP WITH NO HELP COMEING FROM THEM WHEAR TO GET A REPLACEMENT TRANSFOMER  HOPE SOMEONE ON HEAR CAN HELP

thats for the replys

5 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Can you please not use all caps it makes it difficult to read.

If your Accord has never been serviced in that time, the control panel is likely shot and needs replacement.

control panel looks ok

4 hours ago, norman said:

AS ABOVE, IT'S SKIP FODDER.

as said its gave me no problems so in my view try and get it fixed not skip fodder yet thanks for your poor help

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Look on eBay for transformer ?

They might also have new CAPS lock button ?

cheers

Seriously it's skip fodder , normally the alarm monkies would keep it going on a contract asking as it pays that monthly income , unless you cough up for an upgrade , but it's still skip fodder like most panels

Alarms require service, systems are made of parts that need maintenance. Batteries that need replacing regularly, components that need testing for correct operation.

It's possible the transformer was blown by the controls or a surge has blown both, battery damaged the charging circuit and endless list of issues that could be wrong.

Either way it's simply not worth the effort of sourcing and replacing the transformer on such a basic panel.

If you were to try you would have to source second hand and hope for the best. Most likely engineers would skip a working one, so your unlikely to find one.

Sometimes the right advice is not the same as the advice you want to hear. A burglar alarm is not the same as a vintage car, no one is going to come and admire it when it goes off in the middle of the night, like they would when your on the London to Brighton in your vintage car.

Preserving an old bit of kit is normally less cost effective than replacing it with something new. So if you replace the transformer, you still have a ten year old PCB with ten year old components.The panel been on on 24/7 for the last ten/eleven years, its beginning to fail. It has served you well, just remember the good times you had with it turning it on and off, and do yourself a favor and update it.