Security Installer Community

2 Way Monitored Alarm Silent Calling

JonJR

Battery is recommended every 4 years, however as you rightly note the loft is a piss poor place to fit the panel (thousands are fitted in them though) but the extremities cause premature wear so I'd arrange a new battery whilst you are up there. The battery wont be the cause as the unit is dialing but I'd check voltages and loads in alarm both at the speech jobby and phone lines. The unit itself sounds like it's goosed and the only thing the speech and mic have in common would be the processor so probs not worth fixing.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

4 minutes ago, norman said:

It could also be something as simple as a fuse though...

He should have called his alarm co out to fix it,they would have been there and fixed it by now,but 5 hours later he still has no working system

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Without Prejudice.

21 minutes ago, JonJR said:

You guys may not like them

Nobody is pointing fingers at anyone, we are just explaining it's limitations and why it is not considered monitoring.

23 minutes ago, JonJR said:

alarm goes off and they are there talking to you, all for £15 a month.

So what use is them talking to you? £15p/m for them to let you know you have set your alarm off accidentally?

25 minutes ago, JonJR said:

Alarm bell box goes off and your neighbors just get annoyed. 

Are you saying you have this type of system without it being serviced and with no bellbox, I honestly don't see the value for money.

Cheers Norman, will take a look. Guys, why have a ‘guest forum’ if you’re just gonna take the piss and criticise anyone who asks a question.  I’ve worked in electronics all my life, but I don’t know alarms, was just after a few pointers, should’ve know better. 

And as as for the monitoring company, I’d have them any day of the week instead of a bellbox, bellboxes are soo last century! When did you last rush out when an alarm went off at 2am!

4 minutes ago, JonJR said:

Cheers Norman, will take a look. Guys, why have a ‘guest forum’ if you’re just gonna take the piss and criticise anyone who asks a question.  I’ve worked in electronics all my life, but I don’t know alarms, was just after a few pointers, should’ve know better. 

It may sound like we are taking the pee, however, when you do something for a living and take pride in what you do, its a little annoying when a company comes along and does a half arsed job and then charges twices much as you would for doing it properly 

7 minutes ago, JonJR said:

And as as for the monitoring company, I’d have them any day of the week instead of a bellbox, bellboxes are soo last century! When did you last rush out when an alarm went off at 2am!

Id agree monitoring is 100% better than bells only, but you need one that is actually set up with Police urn registration, otherwise a bloke in a room dialing 999 because he didnt get a password could be a problem. That said whats happening at the moment I am guessing because they cant hear you they are calling the Police?

No, they ring me or the other 3 people on my list, but they only charge £15 a month, which is my big issue here.

Where else can you get that for £15 a month, if we are clearly being burgled or worst attacked, they’d hear and ring police. How many people can afford ADT level of alarm monitoring in their house.

Guys, I’ve run a business for 20 years, if I was in your game I’d be approaching the company in question to enquire about adding their monitoring to your systems.

3 minutes ago, JonJR said:

Guys, I’ve run a business for 20 years, if I was in your game I’d be approaching the company in question to enquire about adding their monitoring to your systems.

Neither the Police, Inspectorates or Insurers would permit me to use AMCO for monitoring...

Mr? Veritas God

12 minutes ago, JonJR said:

No, they ring me or the other 3 people on my list, but they only charge £15 a month, which is my big issue here.

Where else can you get that for £15 a month, if we are clearly being burgled or worst attacked, they’d hear and ring police. How many people can afford ADT level of alarm monitoring in their house.

We charge far less than that for keyholder only And depending on what type of monitoring you have you can have Police response for around £50.00 per annum more. 

44 minutes ago, JonJR said:

When did you last rush out when an alarm went off at 2am!

A good few times, we are in the trade and are on call 24 hours for this type of thing.

Could you get somebody to respond to your system within 4 hours 24/7 365 and repair it?

15 minutes ago, JonJR said:

Where else can you get that for £15 a month, if we are clearly being burgled or worst attacked, they’d hear and ring police.

https://www.nsi.org.uk/information-centre/information-for-businesses/police-policy

999 an alarm system in this way is against regulations no matter how much value for money you think it is.

Personally I see it no better than a speech dialler, which has no subscription fees and less to go wrong.

Wow, 4 hours, when my alarm went off at 2am, I was so releaved the the guy was there listening in before I even woke up. As a personal user, would I have them rather than a bellbox, absolutely! Could I afford ADT absolutely not!

• Downvote 1

31 minutes ago, JonJR said:

Wow, 4 hours, when my alarm went off at 2am, I was so releaved the the guy was there listening in before I even woke up. As a personal user, would I have them rather than a bellbox, absolutely! Could I afford ADT absolutely not!

Why do you keep saying you can't afford ADT? 

Also, are you confident that they can't listen in at any time? 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

20 hours ago, JonJR said:

I guess you are not aiming for small households, which is my issue. No other company offers 2 way response 24/7 for £15 a month. 

Were aimed at everyone We are an NSI gold co we offer self monitoring from £60.00 per annum  you can have audio verification with two way response from any alarm company if you really want it. The reason none of us promote it is because you are reliant on what the operator hears as to how they respond. Two way response is only really any good if the person breaking in you house responds to "Whats the password?" So what does the operator do when he hears nothing?  We can offer visual verification self monitoring from £60pa you can see what triggered the detector, and you have a picture of the perb to give to the police, because its unlikely that you will be home in time to catch them anyway.  

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Whilst I remember-

IMG_20180808_191527176.thumb.jpg.012fa0d33b32cc1f55cfc0eba071fd58.jpg

I do love a stapled outside bell wire, I guess the blue tape on the camera joint is Thier work too ?

Not bad , atleast you need ladder to chop it , or throw axe at it