Security Installer Community

Concept alarm system

Does anyone have the user manual for the concept 4 zone alarm system. I know a fair bit about alarms and have installed a couple for relitaves previously. I need to reset the alarm to the factory defaults and the details shown in the concept 6 manual are not working. All zones and tampers in the panel are closed but it just does the setting tone when I power it up again! Any help would be appreciated! 

Ah, ok. Any other suggestions? Also the bell box does not seem to work. As the system is powered down, what bell box would you recommend. Preferably nothing more than £40 as the budget is very low, so I don't want to spend too much money on it. 

Edited by James B

1 hour ago, James B said:

Ah, ok. Any other suggestions? Also the bell box does not seem to work. As the system is powered down, what bell box would you recommend. Preferably nothing more than £40 as the budget is very low, so I don't want to spend too much money on it. 

Ag6 will do

Alright that looked a bit out of my price range but I saw another, which I used on my system. The Texecom Premier Odyssey 1E. Its only £30 so £10  cheaper than the AG6 which is not bad! Some prices were stupid.  We managed to work out the code. It was written on the lid of the CPU, and engineers is default. I didn't think the concept had memory although I might be wrong. The lid is dated 22/09/94 if that helps. Also there is a quite noticable burning smell inside and one of the caps is swollen. Is it worth replacing or should I just leave it. Any idea on how I will go about connecting the new bell and what procedures to take? Will it go into tamper or is the bell too old? The current bell is a tall faded red rectangle with a clear smaller rectangle at the bottom which I am assuming is the strobe. The comfort LED's are really fast too? Is this normal or is it fried? 

Edited by James B

,,WwA 24yr old alarm isn't worth bothering with, 

If the cables are okay, new controls, new bell ect...

The engineering can't be changed, if it's the same concept I'm thinking of with a rkp, there's lots of core sent to the rkp either a 20 or 2 8's

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, James B said:

Alright that looked a bit out of my price range but I saw another, which I used on my system. The Texecom Premier Odyssey 1E. Its only £30 so £10  cheaper than the AG6 which is not bad! Some prices were stupid.  We managed to work out the code. It was written on the lid of the CPU, and engineers is default. I didn't think the concept had memory although I might be wrong. The lid is dated 22/09/94 if that helps. Also there is a quite noticable burning smell inside and one of the caps is swollen. Is it worth replacing or should I just leave it. Any idea on how I will go about connecting the new bell and what procedures to take? Will it go into tamper or is the bell too old? The current bell is a tall faded red rectangle with a clear smaller rectangle at the bottom which I am assuming is the strobe. The comfort LED's are really fast too? Is this normal or is it fried? 

?

https://www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/intruder-alarm-c-36/sounders-c-36_45/external-sounders-c-36_45_140/honeywell-activeguard-ag6-external-siren-blue-inc-white-cover-p-1973.html

57 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

If I came to this as a job I would be quoting for new controls and bell minimum.

The time spent messing about with a probably unmaintained 20+ year old budget panel thats showing signs of ageing is not productive to anyone.

This is DIY though lol , worst case fails and switch off

3 hours ago, aissecur said:

Im sure the concept rkp needed 12 cores

you've a better memory than me, I can't recall touching one in many yrs

However I do recall it once being called a Gemini ?

Mr? Veritas God