Security Installer Community

Breakglass detectors

Hi guys

I fitted 2 breakglass detectors in an office on Friday the detectors are Honeywell flexguard FG-1625TAS

I don't have much experience in installing these but I had issues with the sensors when if came to testing them at the end.

I was using the FG-701 breakglass tester as specified in the instructions but I am struggling to get the red LED on the detector to indicate it has detected an alarm.

I put the detector into test mode as per the instructions but when I activate the tester I just seem to get the flickering green LED. Apparently that means it has detected audio but hasnt gone into an alarm condition?

Any advice would be great.

33 minutes ago, KWCFC said:

Hi guys

I fitted 2 breakglass detectors in an office on Friday the detectors are Honeywell flexguard FG-1625TAS

I don't have much experience in installing these but I had issues with the sensors when if came to testing them at the end.

I was using the FG-701 breakglass tester as specified in the instructions but I am struggling to get the red LED on the detector to indicate it has detected an alarm.

I put the detector into test mode as per the instructions but when I activate the tester I just seem to get the flickering green LED. Apparently that means it has detected audio but hasnt gone into an alarm condition?

Any advice would be great.

How and where have you mounted it

1 hour ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Breakglass is not ideal detection.

Settings on the tester should allow you to check flex and smash.

Are you using the setting where you tap the surface with the tester and the smash follows?

Yeah I've tried that but still the same result. Flashing green LED.

Used to gently but firmly bang on the window for the low tone and press the tester simultaneously for the high tone, as above I dislike these more than shocks. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

It's been a while but don't you activate test mode on the tester then flick the switch press again then apply the low tone thud by banging the window which then activates the high tone,I like bgds in the right settings