Security Installer Community

Risco ProSYS Plus

Anyone else found the new ProSYS Plus software to be flaky, badly designed and laid out to make it as complicated as possible to program without a laptop?

The BUS system in particular is really bad, personally I have only second fixed and commissioned these systems. System 1 was cabled in CAT5e (apparently recommended by Risco tech)? had to double up power cores to get voltage above 10v at the keypad. System 2 was cabled in alarm cable and I had to double up on the power cores again and run two separate data lines within the same cable splitting the detectors up from the keypads … it was the last resort and only thing that worked. however, 3 keypads on the system but only 2 show up. if 3 show up then nothing works. Metered the cable, fine, cable length less than 50m (estimated as I did not first fix) appears to be no interference. Every time I did a BUS device re-learn it changed what it saw for the keypads. conclusion.. bad cable or bad software. personally I think flaky software, would love to hear your thoughts/experiences.

Paul

22 minutes ago, Xilant Security said:

Anyone else found the new ProSYS Plus software to be flaky, badly designed and laid out to make it as complicated as possible to program without a laptop?

The BUS system in particular is really bad, personally I have only second fixed and commissioned these systems. System 1 was cabled in CAT5e (apparently recommended by Risco tech)? had to double up power cores to get voltage above 10v at the keypad. System 2 was cabled in alarm cable and I had to double up on the power cores again and run two separate data lines within the same cable splitting the detectors up from the keypads … it was the last resort and only thing that worked. however, 3 keypads on the system but only 2 show up. if 3 show up then nothing works. Metered the cable, fine, cable length less than 50m (estimated as I did not first fix) appears to be no interference. Every time I did a BUS device re-learn it changed what it saw for the keypads. conclusion.. bad cable or bad software. personally I think flaky software, would love to hear your thoughts/experiences.

Paul

You have the software?

32 minutes ago, Xilant Security said:

risco tat...

Mr? Veritas God

5 hours ago, Xilant Security said:

Yes via laptop , remotely and direct link

Ok so what's issue then? Only hard for those who don't have all that

That leaves you with flakey software , personally I only offer to rip it out , is this your usual meaning risky ?or risco whatever you call it

40 minutes ago, Xilant Security said:

Flakey software ... I usually use Orisec these days, it’s great stuff. Only play with Risco when I sub to others that use it..

Orisec getting better yeah?