Security Installer Community

Tools Info - What you got

bm99

Sooo people, thought id find out what cutters and screwdrivers everyone on here uses

Currently got the 160mm bahco's and they;ve been really good, might swap to the 180 but also heard good things about knipex

Screwdivers wise - cant beat the ratchet with the standard terminal and some others. If need be might get the Wera kraftforms just to be a bit different

Wera or whia for insulted tools.

However apart from CK screwdrivers being soft, there all about the same as a £1 odd draper expert no. 2 pozi from Toolstation.

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

Knipex for cutters, but I quite like the CK ones with the 2.5 & 1.5 slots, saves me the job of blowing them up to get the same result! Handy having the socket screw chopper on them too. Mind you, a good set of Knipex cut through screws like butter anyway. Used Draper screwdrivers for a while now, seem ok. Used to get a lifetime guarantee on CK screwdrivers, don't know if that's still the case. Use 'em, bugga 'em up, take them back to the wholesaler for a shiny new one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2018 at 10:52, bm99 said:

Which knipex u got Stevie? 160 or 180s?

I have the 165mm shears, require a delicate touch to strip T&E though without chopping the earth off. Deffo the shorter length for me with cutters though

Irizola screwdrivers, knipex for big snips, pieregoni for precision snips and milwaulkee for powertools.

Elliot lucas pliers from my apprecticeship still, got them secondhand 20 years ago and they are still silky smooth with no play or binding in the hinge.

On 18/07/2018 at 23:52, bm99 said:

Sooo people, thought id find out what cutters and screwdrivers everyone on here uses

Currently got the 160mm bahco's and they;ve been really good, might swap to the 180 but also heard good things about knipex

Screwdivers wise - cant beat the ratchet with the standard terminal and some others. If need be might get the Wera kraftforms just to be a bit different

Just wondering op , do you have everyone's postcode ? And upto speed in van security ?

On 04/08/2018 at 00:27, al-yeti said:

Just wondering op , do you have everyone's postcode ? And upto speed in van security ?

don't worry Al, he's seen your work.

He knows you only have a claw hammer in your van :)

Mr? Veritas God