Security Installer Community

Aarrgh! Still having trouble with Menvier

Guest kscott

Hi all,

I did a Factory Reset on my Menvier TS690R panel, and now I can't program my alarm set-up back how it was. Please please give some advice if you can help...

- Reading the installation manual, it seems to imply that each remote device in the system be assigned to a separate 'circuit'. However, it doesn't say how to do this. I have taught the system about all of my wireless sensors, but it seems to have assigned them all to the same circuit (circuit 01). Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

- I have a sensor in the hallway, which will be activated upon entry to the house. This is (as described above) part of circuit 01. Circuit 01 is set up to be a Night circuit. Does this make sense? Also, I have set the attributes of circuit 01 to be an Entry circuit. However, when entering the house while the system is full set, a full alarm is immediately activated without the entry procedure beginning.

- One more slightly odd thing. When I use the system to check the state of all of the circuits, it says 'Good' for all circuits except for number 32, which it says is 'Tamper'. Any idea what circuit 32 could be and why it could be in this state? I have a door connector wired up to the alarm, but can't get this working. Could it be something to do with this?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I refuse to be defeated!!! :wacko:

Thank you!

Kieran

it seems to have assigned them all to the same circuit (circuit 01).

30827[/snapback]

It cant do that! you would be well advised to get a pro in if you want some piece of mind .

Seriously Keiran, Alarmgard is correct.

If you have the manual in front of you and still cant sort it out then its obviously a little too hard for you.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

• 2 weeks later...

Yip. I've installed a TS690R and once a factory default is done, you have to relearn all the detectors and believe me, it will save you a considerable amount of time if you call an engineer to do the task.

It's a bit like the Scanny wireless stuff. Select the zone you want the detector to be at, then learn the unit. Continue for the others.

Tony

ACE.gif

Archived