Security Installer Community

Remote Self Test RST

Afternoon,  I'm back in a role where I need to update my intricate knowledge of the requirements for Intruder alarms after spending five or six years focusing on darkside of Fire & Access Control

I've noticed a number of new features on the dual tec's and bells,

some like the battery monitoring and LED override make sense, i'm  just trying to get my head around the remote self test on the grade 3 dualtec's

could  ask if this is a connection that needs to be made for all new systems or only those where the system would only have 1 true maintenance visit and the 2nd being done remotely via the upload / download links ?

If anyone out there could point me to any informative posts on the forum that would help fill in any gaps, rather than me asking lots of daft questions

It depends on the kit and the controls.

If the controls are sending a signal to the panel to start a RST then you with need to wire this to an output on the controls.

Many sensors have a switch for Local Test which will open the alarm or masked output if they fail.

Would be easier if we knew what kit you are using tho, gather than a generic answer.

Thanks Mr Beast Sir

The panel is Galaxy Dimension and currently the DT's are Optex CDX-AM

Its all because I like to leave at least 1 spare core at a device,  and although its only pence difference the PM's here always try to go with 6 core not 8 core

We don't intend to do remote maintenance visits, so if the RST is optional I would be happier

1 hour ago, mikekf said:

Thanks Mr Beast Sir

The panel is Galaxy Dimension and currently the DT's are Optex CDX-AM

Its all because I like to leave at least 1 spare core at a device,  and although its only pence difference the PM's here always try to go with 6 core not 8 core

We don't intend to do remote maintenance visits, so if the RST is optional I would be happier

But you can get 6core that is dearer than 8.......