Security Installer Community

Morley ZX1SE issues

Had a call out today to a ZX1SE, long story short water ingress into a Morley call point (loop is Morley protocol). 

I have removed the device physically of the loop & from the panel until we get the replacement unit tomorrow...

Weird thing is on the panel, when I reset the panel, the next device on the loop (next to the call point in question) goes into fire...

Address 108 (water ingress device) - once removed of the loop, 109 goes into fire, remove 109, 110 goes into fire & so on... Also get the odd corrupt signal too, 

Could the water of damaged the loop card/panel in anyway? Any suggestions would be great. 

Not heard of that, fitted quiet a few ZX panels but didn’t know Morley had their own protocol so I have learned something today 

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, sparky999 said:

Just seen this post not been here for a while sounds like water ingression has caused corruption if you have a download then wipe the system re-upload 

Water ingress where? Just asking lol because that's what op already said ....

Edited by al-yeti