Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

Hi all I recently had a Risco Agility 3 installed at home with IP which I believe is the Risco cloud that allows me to arm/disarm via my smart phone. I have had a letter through from the company that installed it telling me about there annual service package and one of the things in there was if I didn’t take out the service package my Risco cloud would no longer work.

I want to know is there a way of stopping this from happening. I don’t use the app they asked me to download anymore I have started using the app from Risco. Surely they can not access my system remotely without my authority.

Any help or in site would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

Risco have started charging for the cloud, and they can only charge their customers (the installer) Which means if you want to continue to use your app you have to pay  your installer for it. To be fair nearly everyone else was charging for this service already, clouds cost money to build and run, so giving it away for free for as long as they did must have cost Risco a fortune.

3 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Risco have started charging for the cloud, and they can only charge their customers (the installer) Which means if you want to continue to use your app you have to pay  your installer for it. To be fair nearly everyone else was charging for this service already, clouds cost money to build and run, so giving it away for free for as long as they did must have cost Risco a fortune.

About time really, so many boast about free risco cloud and app, reality risco can't afford to keep it going for free 

Whoever else is free

Honeywell?

Texe? 

I heard that Pyronix were free, but are now looking at charging. 

Risco are not using their own cloud either, so they are actually paying a third party.

The only way they can charge is by charging the installer, with the hundreds of thousands of connections they have its too difficult for them to manage the connections so the installer needs to do that. Then to invoice the individual customer would also be quite tricky, cutting the wrong people off ect.

HKC have over 400,000 connections now, they are on their own approved cloud (so are able to grade the monitoring), and they have charged since day one. IMO the HKC app is the better looking of the apps, it works better with the CCTV than the Risco one too. I like the Risco one but it was very unreliable at first, and the panels are just not as good as they used to be.