Security Installer Community

Galaxy High Resistance

Hello,

I have a zone on a RIO with high resistance being randomly reported. I've omitted the zone for the time being, but what's the most likely issue in your opinions? It's on a standard RIO, but the fact that it happens randomly, i.e. one moment all is fine, the next it is not, makes me think the problem may lie with the RIO?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the resistance ? Press Hash at display zones. Is it near the thresholds. If so, wiring issue, sensor contact etc. The galaxy firmware was updated at some point to avoid tamper on marginal resistance issues, reporting to log only. Best to check panel reported values though.

Well, resistance was showing 1135 ohms, but I'm not sure what it's jumping to and why. Obviously jumping over 1200 ohms though, and opening and closing the door made resistance to 1040 ohms. It's a door contact too, a CQR. System was not fitted by myself, but by the last owner and maintained by me.

We have had loads of problems with the grade 3 cqr contacts going hi res over a number of years.

just today I went to one and replaced it for this reason, the 200 mile round trip wasn’t what I needed this afternoon. This was on a galaxy 96  not that it makes any difference.

27 minutes ago, whistle said:

We have had loads of problems with the grade 3 cqr contacts going hi res over a number of years.

just today I went to one and replaced it for this reason, the 200 mile round trip wasn’t what I needed this afternoon. This was on a galaxy 96  not that it makes any difference.

Really? Wow. That's actually surprising. I don't really like the resistors inside, but that's just a personal thing. To rectify this, did you switch to another manufacturer on your own installs?