Security Installer Community

Risco gt600 PIR issue

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching without much luck! (And I don't know much about these)

I have recently moved into a house with a risco gt600 alarm and some wireless pir sensors.

we have had some work done and in the confusion 2 of the sensors have been thrown out.

now whenever the system is being set it alerts saying check these zones.

can anyone advise or point me in the direction of where to look to have these sensors 'unpaired' from the system and how to pair new sensors to the system or do we need an engineer to attend to do this?

thanks in advance

You will definitely need to get into engineers mode to program these out.

I suggest you look for an engineer that supports Risco, or alternatively have an engineer replace and upgrade your system with there preferred shiny new stuff.

The panel could be locked so it maybe destined for the bin anyway.

21 hours ago, Najix said:

Hi, sorry if this has been asked before, I have tried searching without much luck! (And I don't know much about these)

I have recently moved into a house with a risco gt600 alarm and some wireless pir sensors.

we have had some work done and in the confusion 2 of the sensors have been thrown out.

now whenever the system is being set it alerts saying check these zones.

can anyone advise or point me in the direction of where to look to have these sensors 'unpaired' from the system and how to pair new sensors to the system or do we need an engineer to attend to do this?

thanks in advance

Many engineers will bin the risco

2 hours ago, MrHappy said:

Changing both the controls & the sensors will be too dear for the sub

Yeah true , many have that issue with some being fully loaded 

1 hour ago, Najix said:

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have decided to get rid of the system and replace it with something else later on!

Still makes sense to pay an engineer to remove those two sensors 

Its not a difficult job to remove / replace the sensors. The 600 quite a new panel so not much point replacing the whole system.

You will need a engineer to do this but it will work out cheaper than changing the whole alarm. You can get it serviced at the same time to avoid problems in the future.