Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 part set procedure

Hello

i have the user and engineer manuals, but can’t seem to work out how to add a ne zone to my existing part set 1

i did this some time ago, but can’t remember how.. hopefully I do t need the engineer code, I forgot what I changed it to,...defaulted the system and the user code reset to default, but the engineer code doesn’t accept the default value...it’s not locked,as,I have changed it before and the installers confirmed it’s not,locked 

need sme help please

thanks

Edited by Calibra

Yes I thought defaulting would work, oddly enough I remembered the engineer code just this morning....

so so hopefully I can add the faulty sensor to the part set till I fix it....thank you

Program zones yes types press no till attributes yes then “test none” displayed pressed yes and shows part set 1 zones...if I press no and enter zone it gets added to part set 1 but confusing but worked 

is it best to power down the system before changing a door reed contact ?

Edited by Calibra

Yes that was what I was told, maybe the original installers omitted a fuse or put in the wrong size...

an alram installer used the psu from a dialler unit that is unused to,power the board, seems ok

one day has been suggested, hopefully can keep the original PIRs etc, will just need a new control panel and a front Bell sounder..

thanks for the help

Difficult to understand what you have been told and what has happened without been on site.

Sounds to me like an auxiliary voltage output has blown, not the "PSU", hopefully the alternative unused supply is rated for the same current and is fused.

Either way it sounds like a workaround the panel is damaged in this case, so replacement would be a good idea.

Hello

is my best  panel replacement option still the gardtec 600 ? I wouldn’t do this myself, but would like to keep my existing word system, sensors etc ( don’t need a dialer....

also need to replace the front bell box, starting to disintegrate....what’s the easiest like for like replacement....

thanks again

Thanks

want to do the bellbox myself as can’t affod new panel yet...

so  is the pyronix a good option as. A good bellbox or because it’s ewsier swooped ?

thanks

i believe there is a chart somewhere of the wiring for various bellboxes ?

Every box will be labelled different, so would have to see panel and box to give wiring instructions.

If your current box is functional I would leave it, no point in paying twice if the incoming company use there own as standard.

IMO give the backlight a miss or disable it, they look pants, emit pointless light pollution and can give you planning permission issues.

Sorry, back to my original post, changing a door contact....from what I have read, it’s a simple matter of the switch wire being connected to the two silver screws.....and the tamper wire joined together and secured up in one of the brass screws..

i was k with that..

however, I have resistors in mine, one between one wire  ( connected to a brass screw )and the silver screw....plus another resistor linking the two silver screws.....there are two,other wires, I assume the tamper wires, but these are not joined, they were just tucked away in the back of the switch....

i believe  I can  replace the switch, using the existing resistors , not sure if the tamper wires should be twisted together and secured in a spare brass screw..

many thanks

red is One switch wire the 2nd switch wire; green, connected with a resistor to the blue terminal. Yellow the resistor between the two switch wires.

65F84362-A2EC-4CFC-BDF1-E003E2A81B11.jpeg

89B54CF0-42EC-4DE6-B9C7-6C762C3FF1E8.jpeg

Edited by Calibra

Four wires = Double Pole Wiring, Two WIres = FSL aka EOL wiring.

You will need to copy the configuration like in your photo making sure the resistors are in the same positions, hopefully they are not too corroded.

Many fit contacts with built in resistors now, less to break or go wrong but are bought to be compatible with the installed systems resistor values.

Hello

thank you

so the two wires not connected are not needed and can be left as such as now.?

so do modern alarm systems not have resistors ? Or are they built in now ?

was rather fiddly getting the resistors onto the contacts, but worked ok..

thank

ps the only built in resistor contacts I can find are selectable....is this easy to select ?

Edited by Calibra

All down to if it's wired DP or EOL. More systems are wired EOL, inverting the wires shouldn't make a difference so maybe something is loose/shorting out.

Selectable you will have to make sure they are compatible with your panel normally you cut a link within them, or you can get ones with screw terminals which you can fit your resistors in.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Calibra said:

then swopped the yellow and black,

swapping the colours around make no difference to the circuit,

your picture shows the strands of the cable touching.... that is probably why it was in tamper

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

On 14/05/2018 at 17:41, Calibra said:

Hello

i had the black and yellow wire swopped.....

now tamper has cleaed and all,ok...

would still like to know about the selectable resistor contacts ?

thanks for all the help

Wires being swapped shouldn't have caused an issue though

On 14/05/2018 at 19:46, MrHappy said:

swapping the colours around make no difference to the circuit,

your picture shows the strands of the cable touching.... that is probably why it was in tamper

Lol missed your post somehow , although I didn't look for strands which was going to be my next comment 

Still training .........

• Upvote 1