Security Installer Community

Gardtec 816 engineer code locked

I'm now on my third Gardtec 816 system in my last three houses. I know my way around them well. All bought and fitted by myself, the latest purchased over the counter from Gardtec (Leeds) in 2003. I know they're obsolete now but its still a good enough system for me. I'm using 24 zone EOL with 3x LCD Contour Ace RKP and 4x PIR.

The LCD screen on one of the Ace RKP's recently became difficult to read (contrast?) so I decided to replace and soon found that getting spares is an issue. I managed to get a later G-Tag contour RKP brand new from eBay and that's now fitted.

While I was shopping I found an 816 v4.1 motherboard (same as mine) for £16 so I've bought it just in case I need to swap mine out in future due to failure rather than replace the whole lot. The seller told me the engineering code was locked but I know some of you guys can easily unlock them. It seems to work perfectly apart from the locked engineers code. I've done all the master boot-up resets mentioned in the installer manual including the "Reset LK1". Can you help me? If you want to speak in person to verify who I am etc, I've no problem with that, just PM me.

Cheers, Steve.

IMAG4647.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just an update to this post. After much research and learning, a cheap hardware purchase and many hours watching tutorial videos on YouTube I have now unlocked the engineer code on this panel. I'm very surprised, when you know how, how easy it actually is. Thank you to the one (un-named, but you know who you are) person on here who offered their help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm...wish I knew.

Do you think this may also work with the 595 panel?

On 26/06/2018 at 17:57, LeadAcid said:

After much research and learning and many hours watching 

Was it really worth it m8. Could’ve bought yourself a brand new Pyronix Euro Mini for £60.

11 hours ago, Amps said:

Was it really worth it m8. Could’ve bought yourself a brand new Pyronix Euro Mini for £60.

Once I get my teeth into something like this, I don't like to let it beat me LOL! Besides, I'm quite a fan of the 816, used them ever since they were regarded as good ;-)

22 hours ago, inglishg said:

Hmmm...wish I knew.

Do you think this may also work with the 595 panel?

Possibly, though I'm not an installer by trade and have never seen a 595 panel. I can't imagine the theory is much different across the range.

Hmmm...would love to know more :-)

• 1 month later...