Security Installer Community

Viper GL flashing LED

Guest riveralt

Guest riveralt

:D Good day. I have fitted a veritas R8 control panel with a number of magnetic contacts, PIR's and inertia shock sensors. The system has been up and running for several days now and works fine apart from one annoying issue.

The rear door inertia shock sensor (viper GL) which is connected to the control panel via six core wire, works perfectly when the alarm is set. However, when the alarm is in the unset mode, and given the magical ability of children to slam doors, the led is activated and stays activated. What is the best way to enable me to reset the sensor(get rid of the flashing led) without powering down the system?

The installation instructions talk about what to do with six, seven and eight core wiring but it is unclear whether fitting a wire from the 12v terminal to the set terminal will cure the problem.

It is also unclear whether the veritas R8 control panel has the ability to control the led. Any help would be appreciated.

dont connect the +, connect the negative, program the output as detector reset and invert it.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

Archived