Security Installer Community

New cctv install and advice on Brand /Product

Hi Guys,

What do you guys recommend shall i go for the Analogue system or the IP system and IP system i will just go with the 2MP camera, as the camera are quite pricey.

Does it use lot of internet data, if so then i would have to go with the Analogue, as i was reading the Analogue cctv camera will be slowly phasing out. so i need to decide which one to go for IP or Analogue Hikvison TURBO HD CAMERA TVI XVR.

How would the storage work out on the IP system, does it store on the NVR or is there some storage space on the IP camera ?

Analogue you can have 1TB to 6TB.

Thanks Al yeti.

What about below 2 points

Does it use lot of internet data, if so then i would have to go with the Analogue, as i was reading the Analogue cctv camera will be slowly phasing out. so i need to decide which one to go for IP or Analogue Hikvison TURBO HD CAMERA TVI XVR.

How would the storage work out on the IP system, does it store on the NVR or is there some storage space on the IP camera ?

6 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Thanks Al yeti.

What about below 2 points

You could get an NVR with two network ports stick cameras on one side and internal.network on other , then you can set the app bandwidth etc 

That's what I do at home , kids on mission with laptops hogging the bandwidth lol

so the below 11 is the network port for connecting Network Connections for cameras and the 1 is for Network connection for internet, as below i need to buy NVR.

HIKVISION-7604-NVR-Rear-Panel-1200.jpg

1.  Network connection for internet
  2. PTZ Connector
  3. Mains Power Connector
  4. On/ Off Switch
  5. USB Connector
  6. Ground Connector
  7. HDMI Connector
  8. VGA Connector
  9. Audio In
  10. Audio Out
  11. Network Connections for cameras

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

I might get 8 way or 16way and does this NVR has hard drive to save your cctv recording or it saves on the server.

Most have hard drives or you purchase separate

Not sure about server connection, some nvrs have external storage connections etc don't think this version does unless hik has a way for you to do it which wouldn't surprise me they do all sorts 

But that's over the top for what you want really

Hi Alyeti,

I have asked the supplier the question about the storage/ Hard drive to record and if the internet is down, does the camera still recorded to NVR or to the Hard drive.

so Before i buy just want to make it clear , so get the most suitable product.

• What is the storage on the NVR ?  for example on the DVR it has option from 1TB to 6TB.
  • How would the storage work out on the IP system, does it store on the NVR or is there some storage space on the IP camera, LIKE SD Card  ? 
  • If the Internet is down, does the IP camera works and records on the NVR recording box.
  • All camera will be Day and Night vision and have IR Built in?

• Will it have Audio, where you could here sound from the camera ?

• Is this Fixed lens or varifocal focus lens 2.8- 12mm .

• 1 month later...

Definitely go for IP cameras, IMO. Remember you'll need either an NVR with PoE ports, or a separate PoE hub/switch to power and connect the cameras via Cat5e/Cat6 to your NVR (if it doesn't provide PoE). Options include a dedicated NVR like a Hikvision, a NAS box like a Synology or a QNAP running their software or a dedicated PC running BlueIris.

This tool can help you with camera coverage, but it may not be any good for off street non-google mapped areas: https://calculator.ipvm.com/

A wide angle camera (like a 2.8mm) will give a massive 90 degree view but will distort when people get close, whereas a 12mm camera will give a very narrow view (25 degrees), but give excellent close up shots.

You'll need to decide whether to record constantly = eats up lots of disk space for multiple cameras, or record when movement/trigger is detected. Also consider the frame rate and resolution obviously too. Tool to help here: https://www.cctvcalculator.net/en/calculations/storage-needs-calculator/

If you want to backup the storage from the main recorder I'd personally either network to a PC, or a NAS and backup from their on a schedule. Or RAID it...

On 22/06/2018 at 15:33, ology said:

Definitely go for IP cameras, IMO. Remember you'll need either an NVR with PoE ports, or a separate PoE hub/switch to power and connect the cameras via Cat5e/Cat6 to your NVR (if it doesn't provide PoE). Options include a dedicated NVR like a Hikvision, a NAS box like a Synology or a QNAP running their software or a dedicated PC running BlueIris.

This tool can help you with camera coverage, but it may not be any good for off street non-google mapped areas: https://calculator.ipvm.com/

A wide angle camera (like a 2.8mm) will give a massive 90 degree view but will distort when people get close, whereas a 12mm camera will give a very narrow view (25 degrees), but give excellent close up shots.

You'll need to decide whether to record constantly = eats up lots of disk space for multiple cameras, or record when movement/trigger is detected. Also consider the frame rate and resolution obviously too. Tool to help here: https://www.cctvcalculator.net/en/calculations/storage-needs-calculator/

If you want to backup the storage from the main recorder I'd personally either network to a PC, or a NAS and backup from their on a schedule. Or RAID it...

I have not purchased the Hikvison, as now Hikvision are getting strict in china and will not supply the English version to overseas customer, you need to buy it from UK, this person is still working on it to see if she can get the english version Hikvision, otherwise she said there is always the DVR version.

i will keep you updated.

i will check the link you sent me the cctv calculator.

3 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hikvision are getting strict in china and will not supply the English version to overseas customer, you need to buy it from UK, this person is still working on it to see if she can get the english version

Excellent Mr Barnes 

• Like 1