Security Installer Community

New cctv install and advice on Brand /Product

Hi alyeti,

Thank you for your reply.

I have asked for HikVision and Hiwatch if they do sell this brand , I will find out Monday or Tuesday.

when you install cctv it comes complete kit and you just need download the app for it to work on your mobile.

so you are concerned about technical issues. Where you need to contact supplier for help and advice, but I can always contact my China colleague to sort it, as they said, they will sort with any problem or issues if I do have any.

Complete kit might not include cables to that distance unless your getting premade cables of a long length and have worked that one out

Are they all varifocal cameras ? Otherwise fixed lens won't give you a close up of the car , although 5mp on zoom is quite good evening when playing back 

Forgetting about the "quality" and "brand" of the gear ... 4mm fixed lens isn't going to be suitable for this type of thing.

I have always used WD Drives and WD Purples are pretty standard for 24/7 on applications.

Generally I feel your wasting your time trying to point a camera onto public property, using neighbours walls, into a place you can't guarantee you will park on.

The footage you will get will be pretty minimal too as it's side on and unlikely to identify anything. I get the feeling most companies would walk away from this job possibly why you are getting so little feedback.

Hi All,

I have not got the price for the HIKVISION, supplier does sell this, so i am waiting on the price.

They keep insisting the Dome camera are not waterproof and the Bullet camera is water proof.

The supplier said if using 2.8-12mm Lens variable focus lens by hand, the camera is in fixed position. You will not change again. So it is meanless. He said 4mm fixed is ok. What do you think guys and from the sound of his information is it fixed lens or variable focus lens, as this is what i requested. His camera 3MP megapixel ,IR, 1/2.5 and 4mm.

Dome camera- It is for indoor. Bullet type camera- It is for outdoor. Please check again. . (caretaker reply) I have seen Dome camera installed outside in UK and it has the IP66 rating, which is suitable for outside and it is waterproof and can also installed inside of the building. Let me know by tomorrow.

Dahua was quoted £500

ITEMS QUANTITY ANDY DAHUA HIKVISION
1 DVR 16 CHANNEL. 1      
2 4TB 1      
3 CAMERA 9      
4 0.75 CABLE 200MTR      
5 RG59 CABLE 200MTR      
6 2A POWER 9      
7 BRACKET 9      
8 BNC 20      
9 30m ETHERNET CABLE ATTACH TO ROUTER 1      
10 30m HDMI CABLE TO ATTACHED MAIN TV DOWNSTAIRS 1      

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

They keep insisting the Dome camera are not waterproof and the Bullet camera is water proof.

Maybe the supplier only sells tat then.

I agree with Sixwheel, the chances of you actually getting a decent picture of someone damaging your vehicle is a 200 to 1 at best, and if you insist on using cheap tat suppliers that cant even supply cameras that cannot be lassoed, or pointed to the sky with a broom, the odds go up to 1000 to 1. Maybe you could reserve your space with this.

skippy.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi All,

I have not got the price for the HIKVISION, supplier does sell this, so i am waiting on the price.

The supplier said if using 2.8-12mm Lens variable focus lens by hand, the camera is in fixed position. You will not change again. So it is meanless. He said 4mm fixed is ok. What do you think guys and from the sound of his information is it fixed lens or variable focus lens, as this is what i requested. His camera 3MP megapixel ,IR, 1/2.5 and 4mm.

Dome camera- It is for indoor. Bullet type camera- It is for outdoor. Please check again. . (caretaker reply) I have seen Dome camera installed outside in UK and it has the IP66 rating, which is suitable for outside and it is waterproof and can also installed inside of the building. Let me know by tomorrow.

Dahua was quoted £500

ITEMS QUANTITY ANDY DAHUA HIKVISION
1 DVR 16 CHANNEL. 1      
2 4TB 1      
3 CAMERA 9      
4 0.75 CABLE 200MTR      
5 RG59 CABLE 200MTR      
6 2A POWER 9      
7 BRACKET 9      
8 BNC 20      
9 30m ETHERNET CABLE ATTACH TO ROUTER 1      
10 30m HDMI CABLE TO ATTACHED MAIN TV DOWNSTAIRS 1      

IMG_3779.JPG

IMG_3780.JPG

Basically supplier is on crack 

1) The supplier said if using 2.8-12mm Lens variable focus lens by hand, the camera is in fixed position. You will not change again. So it is meaningless .He said 4mm fixed is ok. What do you think guys and from the sound of his information he is provding me with fixed lens  and NOT variable focus lens, as this is what i requested from the start.

His camera is 3MP megapixel ,IR, 1/2.5 and 4mm. So 3MP is 3 megapixels, IR = infrared , 1/2.5 is this with lens size or to do with image size and the 4mm it will be the lens size.

2)when I buy the Dvr what information I need to know ,so I don’t get the basic ever , like for example so a 5MP DVR, it can record at 5MP on all 8 cameras at 12fps! . Sometimes lives pictures will be good quality and when watching the recording the quality may not that good or clear.

To sixwheels.

Generally I feel your wasting your time trying to point a camera onto public property, using neighbours walls, into a place you can't guarantee you will park on.

Other 7 camera can monitor the house front, back yard and alleyway, so the investment won’t be wasted. I only have the problem offstreet parking, where I would of love to monitor my car.

1 hour ago, aissecur said:

I'm sure Hikvision have a bullet style camera with motorised zoom lens (you can zoom in & out using the DVR / Phone)

Geezer this is budget install , to an extent 

Hi Guys,

I have got the Price and the spec of the equipment of the Hikvision and i am not sure she has given me another price on TURBO HD CAMERA TVI XVR, if this is another brand.

What do you think guys for the price and the equipment spec for a Budget install ?

英国 客户海康英文 180420 HIKVISION.xls

Edited by CARETAKER46