Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer comms issue

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

For Comms issue?

Come on man , enforcer is more DIY friendly no? When doing wireless though....

I've never seen that message if a digi fails to dial out or a line isn't present on an enforcer so I'm guessing it is nothing to do with the arc/Comms side of things.

18 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Out of interest why would you fit an enforcer when a euro 46 is the more appropriate panel for the job?

because a panel, keypad, app card & 3 zem is much dearer than an enforcer + 4 zem ?

Mr? Veritas God

remove all wired devices off the system & set & then unset the alarm

if a fault are still logged, move the router further away from the controls & try again

if you get it working next test is wire everything back set it , remove power & let it ring for a bit turn it off & leave the power off for bit longer....

Mr? Veritas God

Wow, a lot of messages since I last posted. Yes I am a Diy'er, but my day job has quite alot of electrical/electronic/programming dev/troubleshooting involvement. So i'm no redneck. I may not get the job done as quickly as the experts in here, but one beauty of the computer age is that less experienced people like me can come in here and benefit from the friendly advice which is offered so freely. 

No I didn't get my panel off Ebay. And wether or not I got the most appropriate panel is not a conversation I am going to get drawn into. I just picked what appeared to be a popular Pyronix panel because my previous Castle Caretech Panel (Which I fitted myself) has been excellent. Anyway back to the matter in hand....

I disconnected Wire B (+12V) inside the panel RS485, and connected my previous 12V backup battery in order to power the zems and sensors. It made no difference to the comms errors being logged. Whilst I had the battery powering everything outside the panel, I also measured the current that was being drawn from the battery. It was 280mA for the 4 zems, 8 PIR's and 4 vib sensors. I couldn't find anything in the documentation about the rated output of the PSU. But the maximum input current is 83mA @ 230V. Just doing  a bit of maths... I think the PSU will be capable of delivering at least 1A and maybe 1½A @ 12V. So at most, i'm only drawing 30% of this.

While I was disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V supply to the zems, I anticipated getting more comms errors being logged. Instead, I got Zem failures in the log. That got me thinking... When the panel diagnoses a comms failure, presumably it can't see the zems. So how come it doesn't log zem failures instead/also?

I powered down the panel also while I reconected my bell. The comms errors are still being logged now it's back up.

No doubt this thread will continue. Thanks to everyone for there input so far.....

56 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Whilst I had the battery powering everything outside the panel, I also measured the current that was being drawn from the battery. It was 280mA for the 4 zems, 8 PIR's and 4 vib sensors. I couldn't find anything in the documentation about the rated output of the PSU. But the maximum input current is 83mA @ 230V. Just doing  a bit of maths... I think the PSU will be capable of delivering at least 1A and maybe 1½A @ 12V. So at most, i'm only drawing 30% of this.

+150mA for the controls ?

+ bell, modern low current one 60mA in day

call it 500ma for easy math ?

lets call the 2200mA panel battery 2.5A for easy math?

so just 5 hr standby

I'd assume the psu to be rated 1A & assume the system will draw more than this in alarrm ?

Edited by MrHappy
  • Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

Wow, a lot of messages since I last posted. Yes I am a Diy'er, but my day job has quite alot of electrical/electronic/programming dev/troubleshooting involvement. So i'm no redneck. I may not get the job done as quickly as the experts in here, but one beauty of the computer age is that less experienced people like me can come in here and benefit from the friendly advice which is offered so freely. 

No I didn't get my panel off Ebay. And wether or not I got the most appropriate panel is not a conversation I am going to get drawn into. I just picked what appeared to be a popular Pyronix panel because my previous Castle Caretech Panel (Which I fitted myself) has been excellent. Anyway back to the matter in hand....

I disconnected Wire B (+12V) inside the panel RS485, and connected my previous 12V backup battery in order to power the zems and sensors. It made no difference to the comms errors being logged. Whilst I had the battery powering everything outside the panel, I also measured the current that was being drawn from the battery. It was 280mA for the 4 zems, 8 PIR's and 4 vib sensors. I couldn't find anything in the documentation about the rated output of the PSU. But the maximum input current is 83mA @ 230V. Just doing  a bit of maths... I think the PSU will be capable of delivering at least 1A and maybe 1½A @ 12V. So at most, i'm only drawing 30% of this.

While I was disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V supply to the zems, I anticipated getting more comms errors being logged. Instead, I got Zem failures in the log. That got me thinking... When the panel diagnoses a comms failure, presumably it can't see the zems. So how come it doesn't log zem failures instead/also?

I powered down the panel also while I reconected my bell. The comms errors are still being logged now it's back up.

No doubt this thread will continue. Thanks to everyone for there input so far.....

Think point was enforcer wasn't a good swap for what you already had 

But your it now , default whole system and start again you missing something dude

3 hours ago, MrHappy said:

because a panel, keypad, app card & 3 zem is much dearer than an enforcer + 4 zem ?

Last i checked i didnt see enforcer panel available as a seperate part you had to buy a kit and split it has that changed?

From my supplier a euro46v10 with keypad and wifi card is a lot cheaper than an enforcer app kit hence my confusion.