Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer comms issue

On 17/07/2019 at 17:13, Woody said:

So just to clarify its only the Truespeed router that are locked down as I do like to alter the settings.  I  separated the 2.4 & 5 on the original router and gave them different names as well.  The Smart connect what's the advantage of turning it off?

If you don't live in the Mendips and pay £60 a month to a company called Truespeed please ignore anything about Truespeed 

As for BT yes DO change all the settings I recommended. The 2Ghz 5Ghz combined thing is notorious for causing issues with Samsung and Apple phones, so it's good to turn it off regardless.

Smart Connect is a load of old crap that means any 'unknown' device has it's web access blocked until they click on a button and it tries to make them downlaod bloatware crap.

I have, in the past, seen this cause issues with Hikvision DVRs, so again, who knows what else it can so, as above worth turning off regardless as it's a PIA for guests connecting to your wifi.

On 17/07/2019 at 18:30, al-yeti said:

not sure what you mean DD about using home plugs he would have to change the Wi-Fi card and use a network card of sorts

Ah I wasn't sure if it was a Wifi only card or if it offered wired network on the same card

Much bargain, very cheap https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pyronix-Castle-EURO-46-WIRED-KIT-1/312671501376?hash=item48ccac7c40:g:o9MAAOSwHjxdENXw

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

23 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Similar problem with the hkc I assume you mean at night efault comes up loss of Wi-Fi, common with hkc Wi-Fi cards as well, you can turn off the audible notification that you have lost Comms on the panel itself you would still get the notification on the app that you have lost comms with the panel when you're out not sure what you mean DD about using home plugs he would have to change the Wi-Fi card and use a network card of sorts

Adjust the timer settings so it waits 20 minutes between checks that seems to cure it on the HKC, we have around 200 Wifi connected HKC panels now and rarely get a comms fault now.

OP if you part set the alarm at night it will not go off at silly o clock in the morning to warn you of a WiFi fault, it will go off when you unset the alarm, to tell you that there was one in the night though.

Well I have changed the modem, also the engineer has adjusted the fault timer for over 20 minutes which seems to working, when I removed the old Modem and replaced with the new one it took a while to reconfigure the settings to be the identical and No Comm Fault while I was doing it. I hope that's ended this issue. 

Thanks to everyone for the info

41 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Bear in mind that if you extend that time your bb is still going down its just waiting till its down for the time set. Most people don't use the Internet 24/7 but your alarm is. 

My BB was only off for seconds until it polled again and the Comm Fault started,  now it shouldn't fault due to the timer. Hopefully the BB shouldn't go off to often now.

Great stuff, glad you got it sorted.

Sounds like 3am is 'reset time' for your BB then. We had a similar issue on an SPC, that had IP comms but also SMS to tell on-call employees of any issues.

Every night at 9pm there would be a 2-3 second line drop, which would be logged regardless of any delay timer, most odd.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands