Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer comms issue

Yes I bought the panel new and I have the manuals.

I did the 'Fresh Start' option today. It's still logging 3 comm errors after each set/unset. :(  While I was setting it up again I saw an RS485 error. So I think that confirms that 'Comms Errors' are nothing to do with RS485.

I just tried setting the alarm from my iPhone App. The same thing happened.... 3 comm errors shortly afterwards.

>> Have you confirmed all arcs, not just the first one, are set to disabled?

I've never had any dealings with arc settings. So unsure of where to look. In the communications menu, I can't get any further than the 'Not Used' in the Arc Details.

There's a couple of relevant things in the Diagnostics section though..... 

Arc Status: No Arc/Net Data

Last Polled Arc: Never

43 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

>> Have you confirmed all arcs, not just the first one, are set to disabled?

I've never had any dealings with arc settings. So unsure of where to look. In the communications menu, I can't get any further than the 'Not Used' in the Arc Details.

There's a couple of relevant things in the Diagnostics section though..... 

Arc Status: No Arc/Net Data

Last Polled Arc: Never

Turn arc on put any details in , restart panel , then goto arc details again and remove them and restart , worst you can get is more Comms errors lol

Edited by al-yeti

I've just realised that these 3 comm faults are also occurring after each time I exit the engineer menu at the panel. 

I've also found that if I try and use the iPhone app during one of these comm faults, I get a message on my iPhone saying that the panel is not polling the PyronixCloud

>> Turn arc on put any details in , restart panel , then goto arc details again and remove them and restart , worst you can get is more Comms errors lol

I'll try that as a last resort. I haven't a clue how to enter arc details, and re-powering the panel isn't so simple now the bell box is reconnected. I'll speak to the supplier in the morning and see what support he can offer.

42 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

I've just realised that these 3 comm faults are also occurring after each time I exit the engineer menu at the panel. 

I've also found that if I try and use the iPhone app during one of these comm faults, I get a message on my iPhone saying that the panel is not polling the PyronixCloud

>> Turn arc on put any details in , restart panel , then goto arc details again and remove them and restart , worst you can get is more Comms errors lol

I'll try that as a last resort. I haven't a clue how to enter arc details, and re-powering the panel isn't so simple now the bell box is reconnected. I'll speak to the supplier in the morning and see what support he can offer.

What you talking about ?

Just remove power and battery , bell will ring , apply power bell will stop unless you wired it up wrong 

I just dont want to disturb my neighbors. The more times they hear an false alarm, the more likely they are to ignore a genuine one. I know I can force the Bell box into hold-off mode by testing the strobe 3 times. But the enforcer doesn't have a strobe test that I can find. So I would have to go in the panel and ground the strobe signal 3 times. I can do it, but this panel is already saying it has never tried polling an arc centre. So I can't see that entering false arc settings is going to achieve anything.

Each time a Comm Fault occurs, communication is restored shortly afterwards. The fact that communication is actually restored, proves that the error relates to PyronixCloud. There is no other communication configured.