Security Installer Community

Orisec

Got called out today to an Orisec panel today. Never seen these before but it was a new install relatively recently and looked quite nice. Anyone worked on these and if so what do you think. I contacted Orisec and they are wanting me to upload logo etc and register properly.

Found some other stuff on her from last September but kit looks nice now.

1 minute ago, InspireSecurity said:

Got called out today to an Orisec panel today. Never seen these before but it was a new install relatively recently and looked quite nice. Anyone worked on these and if so what do you think. I contacted Orisec and they are wanting me to upload logo etc and register properly.

Found some other stuff on her from last September but kit looks nice now.

Lost there original installer already?

1 hour ago, InspireSecurity said:

Got a call from Leeds to see if I could help out, Panel was only put in on the 21st Feb and I am right down on the South Coast so guess they didn't have someone down here. I will let you know what the man from Orisec says Lol

Why bother ? If your down south pass it on lol not even worth the hassle 

Install company is NSI firm. No tampers. Zone 1 set as a PIR pointing out the window setting off alarm on set. Power supply is just plugged into standard socket, no log book etc etc. Not sure how they got it past the client on the first day because spoke to them and they said they hadn't been able o set it since install and had just left it off.

Guess they signed it off during the day.

Only been doing this 3 years so everything is new to me and I need the experience. lol.

Often get calls from bigger companies asking to help out when an install has gone pear-shaped in the area. Guess they just look on Google for nearest person.

13 minutes ago, InspireSecurity said:

Install company is NSI firm. No tampers. Zone 1 set as a PIR pointing out the window setting off alarm on set. Power supply is just plugged into standard socket, no log book etc etc. Not sure how they got it past the client on the first day because spoke to them and they said they hadn't been able o set it since install and had just left it off.

Guess they signed it off during the day.

Only been doing this 3 years so everything is new to me and I need the experience. lol.

Often get calls from bigger companies asking to help out when an install has gone pear-shaped in the area. Guess they just look on Google for nearest person.

How you know no tampers?

And what you mean pointing out the window?

Did sub have a disagreement with installer and decided to try and do rest themselves? And your related?

5 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How you know no tampers?

And what you mean pointing out the window?

Did sub have a disagreement with installer and decided to try and do rest themselves? And your related?

Zone 9 was set as door contact. Gap within tolerance, just but the door had play on it so removed to align a bit better. No Tamper

Zone 1 PIR was on the wall above door pointing out of the window onto the pavement through vertical blinds, Removed to relocate. No Tamper

I don't know if it was a sub who installed it. No log book on site and company did not say.  Customer not aware of a sub just main contractor as a point of contact.

Sure there wasn't a dispute between a sub and company because I was sent the EMCS Netport printout which shows Zone 1 PIR as an issue from install and told it was probably a user error. 

I am not related to these companies in any way. just got a phone call from installer and asked to do the call out because the customer wanted to be able to alarm the system for the weekend.

8 minutes ago, norman said:

Don't understand why they wouldn't get the original installer back to rectify? More to this imo. 

Think it probably was subbed out to a local company and at first, the installer from Leeds just assumed from the Netport signals it was an entry/exit issue that the user was not understanding. Because the customer was happy not to use alarm until the weekend and they had tried to get install engineer back to site but hadn't been able to, probably because they were busy on something else.

As I say I am relatively new to this game and so have no particular allegiance to any other companies so am finding the big companies have started to ring me when they need something done in a hurry. I don't do sub-contract work but don't mind helping out someone in the hope that one day I might need some help. Lol

20 minutes ago, InspireSecurity said:

am finding the big companies have started to ring me when they need something done in a hurry.

so XYZ security ring up out the blue & ask can you do "x" next tuesday?

maybe pop an email to you to confirm & you pop along &  do it ?

Mr? Veritas God

8 hours ago, norman said:

Don't understand why they wouldn't get the original installer back to rectify? More to this imo. 

Think it probably was subbed out to a local company and at first, the installer from Leeds just assumed from the Netport signals it was an entry/exit issue that the user was not understanding. Because the customer was happy not to use alarm until the weekend and they had tried to get install engineer back to site but hadn't been able to, probably because they were busy on something else.

As I say I am relatively new to this game and so have no particular allegiance to any other companies so am finding the big companies have started to ring me when they need something done in a hurry. I don't do sub-contract work but don't mind helping out someone in the hope that one day I might need some help. Lol

8 hours ago, MrHappy said:

so XYZ security ring up out the blue & ask can you do "x" next tuesday?

maybe pop an email to you to confirm & you pop along &  do it ?

Company rang me directly, presume from Google as so far away to ask if could help out then sent down email with details on of site etc and Netport log, enginners code. and contracted rate.

I thought this was the norm as only started this topic because some of the gear was Orisec which I hadn't seen before.

1 hour ago, InspireSecurity said:

Company rang me directly, presume from Google as so far away to ask if could help out then sent down email with details on of site etc and Netport log, enginners code. and contracted rate.

I thought this was the norm as only started this topic because some of the gear was Orisec which I hadn't seen before.

you mentioned NSI ?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought you'd either have to be approved by NSI or suitable screened to be a sub contractor rather than found by google ?

Mr? Veritas God

40 minutes ago, InspireSecurity said:

Definitely mistaken in practice. lol 

so you went from south coast to leeds to do a call out? 

so whats the rate for call out to leeds from south coast? must be good money , 6hour drive? one way

Just now, al-yeti said:

so you went from south coast to leeds to do a call out? 

so whats the rate for call out to leeds from south coast? must be good money , 6hour drive? one way

I'm on the South coast and so is the alarm, about 15 mins away from our office. hitit

The main contractor is based in Leeds, hence they probably just googled who was nearest. not knowing anything about the area.

4 minutes ago, InspireSecurity said:

I'm on the South coast and so is the alarm, about 15 mins away from our office. hitit

The main contractor is based in Leeds, hence they probably just googled who was nearest. not knowing anything about the area.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

total confusion i get it now 

being a house basher i dont understand much 

so an NSI company SUBS you out giving you no info on the panel or no support to go fix something they cant get to in a hurry, and you phone orisec up etc who say register

so you going to swap to orisec then? whats your normal panel?

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh

total confusion i get it now 

being a house basher i dont understand much 

so an NSI company SUBS you out giving you no info on the panel or no support to go fix something they cant get to in a hurry, and you phone orisec up etc who say register

so you going to swap to orisec then? whats your normal panel?

Sort of Lol 

Except not the bit about Orisec, only asked if they any good on this forum and couldn't find much online so phoned them up for the info, not about the panel just to see what it is like, maybe get one to test etc.

Thought forum was a good place to ask for an opinion about Orisec and everyone says too soon for Orisec so that is the end of that.

In houses, I fit Pyronix now if wireless and Texecom if wired and need more functions, use Videfoied panels for perimeter/sites. Don't do many commercial installs, mostly takeovers which tend to be Texecom round here because biggest installer uses the Premier Elite Panel on their installs so I am usually taking over from them.

Just now, InspireSecurity said:

Sort of Lol 

Except not the bit about Orisec, only asked if they any good on this forum and couldn't find much online so phoned them up for the info, not about the panel just to see what it is like, maybe get one to test etc.

Thought forum was a good place to ask for an opinion about Orisec and everyone says too soon for Orisec so that is the end of that.

In houses, I fit Pyronix now if wireless and Texecom if wired and need more functions, use Videfoied panels for perimeter/sites. Don't do many commercial installs, mostly takeovers which tend to be Texecom round here because biggest installer uses the Premier Elite Panel on their installs so I am usually taking over from them.

Ah texecom down south , maybe you take over someone's systems we know lol where is he....