Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite AMDT

ian.cant

Hi guys its been a while since my last confession but it seems I could do with some help, I dont see much intruder these days.

I was given one of these Texecom Premier Elite AMDT  to replace a defective Honeywell DT, the existing DT is connected to a Menvier panel. 

Am I right in thinking that these detectors can only be used in a EOL situation? I couldnt see how you could connect them as just an old traditional 2 loop alarm and tamper circuit.

On 27/02/2018 at 21:08, sixwheeledbeast said:

On Meniver the resistors would be the same as Texecom. Jumpers all off for DP connections.

Yeah the resistors bit I sussed but they come on a little board that is fitted to the PCB, there was no jumpers.

11 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I witnessed that and it was a lovely do 

Dont connect the AM up 

It was Pete, would do it all again if I could guarantee the same perfect day.

You dont get the option of not connecting the AM up it only has 2 connections for the loop 

thumbnail_podimage-1284-1441655851_1284.jpg

Ah, that type has different modules for the resistor values, I don't believe there is a DP board option as it's aimed as a Grade 3 product.

If you decide to use it best to wire your Menvier for EOL, switch DIP 1 on to and a link into set to disable AM.

Even then detector has a possibility of throwing a 4K4 with a "detector fault", not sure what a Menvier would do with that resistance (either nothing or alarm condition if on threshold).

Suppose it depends which panel