Security Installer Community

PSTN retirement - BSIA event

BSIA are hosting an event at the UBM office on the 15th March, in London, to discuss the migration to ALL IP. It is a free to attend event with speakers from Offcom, BT Openreach, BT  Consumer and Virgin Media. Flyer attached.

ngn-event-programme-final.jpg

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

Thought bt providing pstn through the fibre box 

Total blag of a title , 

"The decent alarm panel you installed like ..... Will work on another path no problem by a simple upgrade " 

Years away from dropping pstn 

As you are clearly more informed that both Offcom and BT perhaps you should be speaking at the event?

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Thought bt providing pstn through the fibre box 

Total blag of a title , 

"The decent alarm panel you installed like ..... Will work on another path no problem by a simple upgrade " 

Years away from dropping pstn 

I agree, very scaremongering too. 

Was it put together by a Daily Mail journo?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Was thinking that.....

From what i have read BT are going to stop using central battery systems and the power and dialtone will have to instigated at the premises.

Way for digis or anything that dials would be to convert to SIP with a  ATA using dial capture over a VOIP account

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

2 minutes ago, Nova-Security said:

Was thinking that.....

From what i have read BT are going to stop using central battery systems and the power and dialtone will have to instigated at the premises.

Way for digis or anything that dials would be to convert to SIP with a  ATA using dial capture over a VOIP account

That's correct, in fact the ultimate is that there are no local exchanges, the roadside cabinet is directly connected to the backbone. My fibre to the house has an NTE that is battery backed (see other thread in Trade Signalling) and provides the 50V and Dialtone for my phone. However, it is likely that this too will disappear and when a client upgrades or installs a new line, they will be provided with a VOIP phone. 

The issue we have as an industry is that there are many PSTN diallers out there that may not train up or operate correctly on a VOIP circuit. 

Best thing to do is come along and see what Offcom and BT etc are planning.

Jim Carter

WebWayOne Ltd

www.webwayone.co.uk