Security Installer Community

Securit 700L question

IanP

Hello, first post!  :wacko:

I've got a Securit 700L system with zones 1, 2, 3 & 4 used with PIRs.

Zone 1 is by default Entry / Exit.

I'd like to make Zone 3 the same, so I can enter/leave via a door in that zone also.

I've got the manuals but cannot see a way of doing it...

Any clues would be welcome!!!!

Thanks.

49 minutes ago, IanP said:

I'd like to make Zone 3 the same, so I can enter/leave via a door in that zone also.

your 20 odd yr old controls doesn't do that

you've the choice of changing the wiring or change the controls,

Mr? Veritas God

49 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Do you have engineer code?

Yes

Do you have installation manual?

Yes

Does the walk route  from zone 3 go via any other zones apart from zone 1 ?

No

18 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear!!!

22 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Serious you can't make two zones entry?

2 hours ago, IanP said:

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear!!!

Changing the wiring is not that hard, remove wires from zone three fit link, remove one wire from zone one join it to one of the wires removed from zone 3, put the other wire from zone three in the vacant hole of zone one. 

This will do what you want but, if you have a false alarm on zone one you will never know what detector caused it 

29 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Changing the wiring is not that hard, remove wires from zone three fit link, remove one wire from zone one join it to one of the wires removed from zone 3, put the other wire from zone three in the vacant hole of zone one. 

This will do what you want but, if you have a false alarm on zone one you will never know what detector caused it 

As Al its a bodge will work like driving down the road with no windscreen, doors, seatbelts etc, will still work but not advised

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

48 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Thanks, I'll give my local pro a bell...

13 hours ago, james.wilson said:

As Al its a bodge will work like driving down the road with no windscreen, doors, seatbelts etc, will still work but not advised

Just thinking... would a second keypad in the garage, which would not be itself alarmed, be a better solution than combining zones?

A keypad outside the protected area is always a good idea, if you make sure that its well warn on the numbers that make up your code.

Really it all depends on the risk, I am guessing you havent got anything worth protecting, otherwise you wouldnt be here you would be having a proper alarm installed. Which means the type of burglar that will target you would most likely be an opportunist and not someone that has  spent time watching you come and go and planned the heist of the century.  So yes putting a keypad outside the protected area will work for you, but keep it clean, and bear in mind its not recommended.

3 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

A keypad outside the protected area is always a good idea, if you make sure that its well warn on the numbers that make up your code.

Really it all depends on the risk, I am guessing you havent got anything worth protecting, otherwise you wouldnt be here you would be having a proper alarm installed. Which means the type of burglar that will target you would most likely be an opportunist and not someone that has  spent time watching you come and go and planned the heist of the century.  So yes putting a keypad outside the protected area will work for you, but keep it clean, and bear in mind its not recommended.

?

1 minute ago, al-yeti said:

No detection in garage, means you can get to it without starting try tomorrow or full alarm

The garage, which its in full view of the other ten houses in a quiet and (so far) crime-free cul-de-sac has a police-approved sectional door with no external lock or handle, just a BiSecur radio system operated from the car.

So maybe not what you envisioned B))

doors.jpg