Security Installer Community

Which Wireless Kit?

liveguard

Hi People,

Have not posted here in a long time but I need some help. I am looking to use a new intruder alarm (wireless kit). The Pyronix Enforcer seemed to tick all the boxes, ease of install, features, peripherals, price, tech support and contents of the kit.

However, I have asked around a few engineers here in Dublin and they tell me to stay clear because of the app being very unreliable and general end user experience which leads to too many call backs.

If you had to recommend any system what would it be and why?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen. 

We use the Eton kit ( Menvier )now badged Ion 

use 30 r and 40 H both have proven them selves ( most of the time ) also Memvier 40 with bolt on wireless all the same periphirels across the range and the new app for 30 and 40 is good and reliable 

worth a look at Tec back up not as good as used to be and never see a rep 

Allan M

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

2 hours ago, liveguard said:

Hi People,

Have not posted here in a long time but I need some help. I am looking to use a new intruder alarm (wireless kit). The Pyronix Enforcer seemed to tick all the boxes, ease of install, features, peripherals, price, tech support and contents of the kit.

However, I have asked around a few engineers here in Dublin and they tell me to stay clear because of the app being very unreliable and general end user experience which leads to too many call backs.

If you had to recommend any system what would it be and why?

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen. 

If your in Ireland try hkc

I use the Eaton Ion kit as well and haven't had any real problems, used the Hybrid stuff and fully wireless. They have stopped selling a wireless keypad though so the keypad has to be wired. I still prefer this over the units that house the keypad on the main panel.

I'm told a fix for the keypad is coming soon but they have said that for a while now.

• 1 month later...

Yes we did have a lot of keypads to replace then they withdrew the 'new ' keypad due to using batt to quick !! Only had 1/2 that did that but never recalled we still have them on the shelf but do we fit or will give us problems !! 

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

Enforcer all day every day for me. I always wire the bell and keypad if possible too. 

Wireless is good for detection if cabling isn't possible but for anything like bells/keypads I would always wire.

App has been flawless for me, have one fitted in my own house. 

Fitted plenty ion 40h's and the app has been pretty unreliable. 

Having to wait a few minutes after your system is set for your detection to respond is laughable also if you ask me.

I prefer the look of the Eaton kit but the pyronix stuff just works, function over form for me!

Grant

• Downvote 1