Security Installer Community

Citadel XR2

Scan9210

Hi, just been to a job today involving a Citadel XR2. Looks like an ADE Accenta/Optima. Managed eventually to default it to factory settings and program it (mostly)  . The programming seems to be a mixture of original Optima (EE times) and some G3. 

Also is set to Engineer reset by default unless I’ve inadvertently done this or just defaulted codes only. 

Does anybody have a link for the Engineer Manual to save the detective work. 

Thanks

Sorry didn’t take a photo but I would say looking at the optima/accenta 8 manual it is the same. It’s not like the g3.

The entry and exit timers are programmed like the original optima ie 1 or 2 from the engineer mode followed by 01 for 10 seconds etc but the engineer code etc goes in like the g3.

I would guess the engineer reset option would be in the system flags like the accenta 8 but didn’t try this on site.

Would be nice to have the manual to eliminate the trial and error.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Scan9210 said:

Would be nice to have the manual to eliminate the trial and error.

IIRC xr1 is panel with on board keys x2 is panel & keypad

when the ADE product changed models Senate still called there's XR

You need product knowledge of ADE pcbs to you guess what your "xr"is really is

There not graded & the programming makes little sense to me, I take the view that paying me an hr to program it is better spent fitting better controls

Mr? Veritas God

We have a good range of ADE (Concept/Optima/Accenta) manuals in our engineers downloads section, accessible to trade verified members.

We do not distribute manuals here in the forums for security reasons as per our guidelines.

If similar to Accenta G3 it will be in Flags so:-

Option 3 > Flag 3/4 (off) > Reset

This shouldn't be on as default so I can only assume the panel wasn't defaulted fully or you switched it on by accident.

• Upvote 1

Thanks. I have all the ADE manuals and as I said it seems to be the same layout as the Accenta 8 ( 90% sure from  memory of the XR2 looking at Accenta PCB layout ) with  entry and exit time programming from the original Optima (1987 on ).

The engineer code programming was the same as the G3 ( 8 for code change and 9 for engineer code ). As we have both said the flags from Accenta or G3 should sort out the Engineer Reset. 

Its not really a problem as such as the customer is happy but its out of my interest and for when I go back in the future to service it to change the programming. Of course I could work it out but a manual would be nice!

I am trade and have been installing and maintaining systems through my own business for 31 years (user name should be a clue).

I know it is against your rules to give out engineer manuals to non trade members of the forum but could you just tell me is you have this manual in your library? 

Thanks again

17 minutes ago, Scan9210 said:

but could you just tell me is you have this manual in your library?

I'd say we'd have the correct manual for your product....

We just don't know which one suits your product w/o seeing the PCB....

Mr? Veritas God

Look Mr Happy if you havent got a Citadel XR2 manual just say so. Read my posts properly and most people should realise I’m not Mr Numpty. I said I have all the ADE manuals and that the programming is not exactly the same as any of them. It is a hybrid.

• Downvote 2

16 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Lol nice.

i had one of those lovely motors.

on the way home from buying the car....

the window wiper fuse blew on the M5 in pouring rain

the car overheated in traffic as fan switch was faulty

then the exhaust fell off 300M from Home.

never seen my dad so happy and histerically laughing. 

Loved drashing it round the lanes though.

11 minutes ago, Scan9210 said:

Fair enough but can you explain why some programming is g3 and some Optima as in my last post?

There's different versions of same products....

If you have a picture of the PCB a popular alarm forum or whoever rebranded or manufacturered it might have be able to help

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, Scan9210 said:

Look Mr Happy if you havent got a Citadel XR2 manual just say so. Read my posts properly and most people should realise I’m not Mr Numpty. I said I have all the ADE manuals and that the programming is not exactly the same as any of them. It is a hybrid.

This is blag , hybrid blag dot com 

Of course hybrid could mean the panel is in Norfolk , no one saying you a numpty and if you have every manual possible your sorted then , coolio

• Upvote 1

As a pro alarm man of many years you know what really hybrid is, im assuming however you mean its like a combination of 2 panels, menu wise?

Also Id say Mr h is one that has worked on more variants of.hit than me, so I wouldn't discount his hybrid ear

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4 hours ago, Scan9210 said:

Look Mr Happy if you havent got a Citadel XR2 manual just say so. Read my posts properly and most people should realise I’m Mr Angry. 

• Like 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.