Security Installer Community

Enforcer v.10 Test Communications Query

fatman

Hi all,

Hope you're well?

I'm in the engineer menu of my Enforcer with WiFi module. I have the HomeControl+ app installed on an iPhone and Android. I'm pressing the 'Test Communications' option but nothing is happening on either device...

I am able to use the App as normal on both devices. One user is set up to receive Arm/Disarm notifications which seem to work fine.

Does anyone have any idea what may be the problem?

Thanks in advance

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

don't know the panel, but os test comms for testing proper comms, not the app?

Hi James,

I do recall reading something similar in the Manual, and thought I'd selected the one to test the App, but maybe I pressed the ARC one instead? I'll check when I get home later and post an update.

As far as I know you cannot test the App this way. The only way is to do a “live” test by setting then activating the alarm. Make sure you are logged out of the app otherwise you will not receive the alarm notification.

You can test whether or not the panel is communicating with the cloud/app using the Diagnostic > Communications menu.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amps said:

As far as I know you cannot test the App this way. The only way is to do a “live” test by setting then activating the alarm. Make sure you are logged out of the app otherwise you will not receive the alarm notification.

You can test whether or not the panel is communicating with the cloud/app using the Diagnostic > Communications menu.

Many thanks Amps, that clears that one up!

Thanks all for the help.

1 minute ago, Amps said:

Just to add the app will auto log you out after 5 minutes.

I didn't know this - nice security feature.

I am aware that setting the alarm from the App overrides the programme volume, which I'm not sure is a feature I like... But overall very happy with the product and its connectivity ☺