Security Installer Community

RIO NOT communicating "missing rio0103"

Moataz

Dears,

I have galaxy dimension panel which is connected to  2 Rio in daisy chain as following:

A to A 

B to B 

12 v to 12 v

0v to 0v 

And there are 2 Eol 680 ohm on panel side and on the last Rio between A and B but there is an error appear on the panel that is the rio is missed , so how can I troubleshoot this issue?

Regards,

Do you know physical which one , test the cables from the panel to the Rio , then Rio to Rio , resistance and power checks would good 

Also look at the flash rate on the Rio one will show that it's communicating , Honeywell's idea of it timing on a chart is stupid so you will have to figure that one 

Galaxy expert will be here soon hopefully

Edited by al-yeti
  • Like 1

as above you shouldn't have a resistor in the panel and imho not needed unless long runs on a busy line. 

id take the rio and connect local to the panel. If it stays off line its goosed 

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

11 hours ago, Moataz said:

@al-yeti

I think the physical link and resistance is okay I measured the values of voltage and the resistance using the AVOmeter and it is good and for the flash timing I agree with you.

@Galaxy Guy

Yes bro I checked this menu wiring and voltage is okay but the comm's is 0%

@Nova-security 

you mean jumpers LK1, or LK3 right?

Are you still using that cat5 type cable?

Reading the other thread , I assume no issue of software versions? 

Oddly enough I have a job to goto where someone has trouble adding on a rio, all new apparently but they say the panel won't add the Rio in the first place 

18 hours ago, Moataz said:

Dears,

I have galaxy dimension panel which is connected to  2 Rio in daisy chain as following:

A to A 

B to B 

12 v to 12 v

0v to 0v 

And there are 2 Eol 680 ohm on panel side and on the last Rio between A and B but there is an error appear on the panel that is the rio is missed , so how can I troubleshoot this issue?

Regards,

I just wonder did you add and remove the Rio and it's an old message ,aybe do a 17 restart and might clear it 

Dudes what can be measured on the data line and can it be scoped to look for anything , just a thought

Resistances with respect to ground and each other can be measured with power off. Anything sub 600 Ohms needs further investigation.

You can look at RS485 data with a scope to ensure that the lines aren't stuck, but makes more sense if you look at the TTL output of one of the RS485 transceiver chips. The resistances may be something for on-site work and the scope for the bench.

6 hours ago, GalaxyGuy said:

Resistances with respect to ground and each other can be measured with power off. Anything sub 600 Ohms needs further investigation.

You can look at RS485 data with a scope to ensure that the lines aren't stuck, but makes more sense if you look at the TTL output of one of the RS485 transceiver chips. The resistances may be something for on-site work and the scope for the bench.

Hardcore bench

4 hours ago, Nova-Security said:

Quick data line test, two LEDs across the data line and they will flicker with the data.

Hardcore supernova 

6 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

LED's are a good quick test of many common data buses.

Some clever person at Texecom decided to build them into all the kit which is handy.

Shame the onboard Rio LEDs are lunatics

Guys I replaced the panels with one working  and connected the push buttons.on it , and every thing was okay till I start to test , once the alarm is detected the bell and siren work for seconds then the keypad restart , is the battery can cause this issue ?

• 5 weeks later...