Security Installer Community

Bell box recommendations

Guest robk

have a look at the sellers other stuff! there's four pages of it!

30631[/snapback]

The bloke appears to be somewhat clueless in the listing of multiple items. I must say I'm rather impressed with the 'every item under a pound, all postage costs over a tenner' tactic!

'every item under a pound, all postage costs over a tenner'

A common eBay scam, along with VAT added after bidding closes and additional charges for different payment methods also added later.

I've sold over 20 items on eBay and bought a similar amount; I myself charge and will only deal with sellers who have honest pricing for Post & Packing - the Royal Mail will send significant packages by Special Delivery (insured) for just a fiver with guaranteed next day delivery. People who charge £15 and put it in a 20p Jiffy bag with a first-class stamp on are just con artists.

After using the Nova4 for about the last 10 years Im seriously considering switching to the Ody 4. They look good and the sealed module is essential, but only thing it doesnt have is a metal version. Any plans for one Mark?

30575[/snapback]

Hi Rich,

The Odyssey 4 is designed as a low profile sounder, every last mm has been saved to keep it as streamlined as possible, I think it is unlikely we'd be able to fit a metal version into the same shape and size, but will certainly note your request for future developments.

At the moment the Odyssey 3 is the only model available as a metal version (= Odyssey 3M).

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Rich,

The Odyssey 4 is designed as a low profile sounder, every last mm has been saved to keep it as streamlined as possible, I think it is unlikely we'd be able to fit a metal version into the same shape and size, but will certainly note your request for future developments.

At the moment the Odyssey 3 is the only model available as a metal version (= Odyssey 3M).

Thanks,

Mark

30703[/snapback]

thanks for the reply Mark. I only ask because I prefer one lot of screen printing as its less to organise/ worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not an installer, but I tend to notice what other people have around where I live, and one of the most common are those rectangular boxes with a black LED panel at the bottom with alternating red and green LED's.

They always seem to alternate, whether the system is armed or not, not sure what they are but I see them more than the odyssey which I've just bought.

While I'm here - and sorry for the thread hijack - I agree that it helps to have an installer's name and number on the front of the box... does anyone fancy sending me a white sticker with theirs on? :D :D

Bit of free advertising - unless I balls-up the sounder install, heh! :D

I was going to write that, but then couldn't be bothered at that particular moment, now I can! There's a couple of estates round here that are flooded with them, all installed by the sparky as an extra for cash.

Can't seem to find the log book or the test sheets on any of them..... :question:

Archived