Security Installer Community

11 hours ago, norman said:

Agreed, but only if it has a URN... 

Rarely will I sell a monitored system without URN, that would be almost as bad as relying on the app. Another thing with monitoring you have the polling to ensure its working. The HKC panel does tell me when it cannot communicate with the cloud, thats fine if I am at home when it happens, but if Ive just left for the airport for my two weeks in the sun I wont have any idea its not working.

• 2 weeks later...

The only issue for getting a URN for police response is you have to be SSAIB or NSI and that takes time before you can get to that point. If you get a monitoring station to work with you this will only allow keyholder response. This will start to build a record for you to then apply for SSAIB. So in this day and age you have to start of by house bashing then work towards getting approved, I agree app notification is unreliable but most the jobs i am getting, the bigger boys and girls would not want to take on but gets small companys the customer base to the get checked and approved.

This is more to show why some try and work with the apps not a dig at anyone.

11 minutes ago, WDT said:

The only issue for getting a URN for police response is you have to be SSAIB or NSI and that takes time before you can get to that point. If you get a monitoring station to work with you this will only allow keyholder response. This will start to build a record for you to then apply for SSAIB. So in this day and age you have to start of by house bashing then work towards getting approved, I agree app notification is unreliable but most the jobs i am getting, the bigger boys and girls would not want to take on but gets small companys the customer base to the get checked and approved.

This is more to show why some try and work with the apps not a dig at anyone.

You can still house basher being approved

Install of apps ect is fuelled by demand.

nearly every domestic quote we do, we get asked if they can have an app.

we also do “proper comms” and outline the pros/cons and pricing of each form of comms.

but ultimately it’s whatever they want that goes in.

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

You can still house basher being approved

This is true,

Theres more chance getting jobs in domestic then a commercial when not approved was more my point I would think the owner of a big shop or warehouse is not likly to want an app? but S.W.A.T and k9 unit to be called. Is what i was getting at.:roflmao:

6 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

Install of apps ect is fuelled by demand.

nearly every domestic quote we do, we get asked if they can have an app.

we also do “proper comms” and outline the pros/cons and pricing of each form of comms.

but ultimately it’s whatever they want that goes in.

Yes I agree

5 minutes ago, WDT said:

This is true,

Theres more chance getting jobs in domestic then a commercial when not approved was more my point I would think the owner of a big shop or warehouse is not likly to want an app? but S.W.A.T and k9 unit to be called. Is what i was getting at.:roflmao:

That’s true.

i do get a lot of commercial that don’t want URN though just an ARC connection.

some don’t think it’s necessary.

some don’t trust the police to turn up.

some like to use guarding firms.

the apps and Smart Digis is a good opportunity for the small companies though like you said.

36 minutes ago, WDT said:

This is true,

You sound verisure of yourself lol

20 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

some like to use guarding firms.

You sound verisure aswell