Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 having problems

Steve Jones

You can still buy those rkp if you really want to save cash. I would also look at the fuse marked aux take it out and meter it. It could be that you damaged the regulator but I think it unlikely.

Was the original installer approved ie ssaib or NSI?

If you feel that a system change is in order I would suggest you get three quotes, I would recommend you use an approved company, which doesnt necessarily mean you will get a better job but it does mean you will get some protection if you dont. Post the quotes here and we will provide you with our thoughts. Overall I would suggest that you pick the installer that you feel most comfortable with, this is unlikely to be the cheapest. Good alarm engineers are hard to find and therefore they demand good wages, so any co that suspiciously cheap should be avoided.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

has anyone any ideas about the engineer code not being reset, based on the info I provided ?

If it was locked originally and you changed it using the original engineers code then whatever you changed it to will be locked too. I seem to remember it was something along the lines of that any number that starts or ends with a 7 automatically locked the engineer code. I would try different combinations of the code that you think you changed it to, chances are you are using the wrong code and its locked so wont default. Its not unheard of for alarm systems to forget codes the Version 2.2 Ab ^ panel used to forget the user code, but only after it was set. 

• Upvote 2

The number I used was 88888888 so can’t try combinations LOL......

dont think it was ever locked, as the install company told me how to default it......

think there is a jumper that achieves this but I don’t suspect you will be able to reveal that, even if there was......

had a look for alarm installets, is there a recommended list for Essex ?

thanks for all the advice so far

have one other question, again don’t answer if you feel you shouldn’t tell me.....

but it when I checked the bell box battery, the two colour LED in the case front became detached from the connection, has 3 wires....wonder if I can try trial and error or could I do damage

thanks again

6 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

think there is a jumper that achieves this but I don’t suspect you will be able to reveal that, even if there was......

A jumper would make locking pointless, it is a setting in the programming. If you changed the code without checking the programming you wouldn't be able to tell if it was locked.

had a look for alarm installets, is there a recommended list for Essex ?

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/forum/221-essex-security-installers/

https://www.nsi.org.uk/directory/

https://ssaib.org/security-provider-search/

but it when I checked the bell box battery, the two colour LED in the case front became detached from the connection, has 3 wires....wonder if I can try trial and error or could I do damage

Incoming installer will replace the box anyway.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

1 minute ago, Steve Jones said:

The number I used was 88888888 so can’t try combinations LOL......

dont think it was ever locked, as the install company told me how to default it......

Too many digits  I am sure its only 4 or 6 digit. The defaulting method is as you said, there are no jumpers that will default the panel

• Upvote 2

Hello

just been in touch with the install company and they say they Never lock codes, so,it should have worked, unless they somehow can change the default code to something else....

i mentiond the

Pyronix Deltabell Plus LED Backlit External Piezo Sounder Alarm Bellbox Bell Box Blue

would thos be a straight replacement , don’t want to get involved with resistors etc.....may do,the bell box myself.....then once my money saved up enough, will h for the rest, by an installer company, have already been in touch with two from the links given

thanks

Edited by sixwheeledbeast