Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 having problems

Steve Jones

4 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Many dont connect the tampers that way it cant go wrong.........cant it?

probably, most which I've poached don't have the battery connected  

OP, Gardtec lists the parts no's as

GT02083 expander

KIT601MG3STU  metal panel with keypad

GT01152BL blue rkp

however google appears to say no ;)

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

48 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

I'd had few issues with this,

I see lots going up & have wondered how many call back the large player get ?

Never had a problem with pyronix, apart from a grade 3 module , which one of you had to tell me why it didn't work , all real alarm man stuff , that's y TSI needs you

CukxE5vWcAA0JIv.jpg

49 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Many dont connect the tampers that way it cant go wrong.........cant it?

So they know how to disconnect the tampers?

26 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Never had a problem with pyronix, apart from a grade 3 module , which one of you had to tell me why it didn't work , all real alarm man stuff , that's y TSI needs you

CukxE5vWcAA0JIv.jpg

So they know how to disconnect the tampers?

G3 aren't a very good design,  requiring prating with resistors on most controls

"adjusting" the jumper by fitting a jumper on the PCB will certainly any problems with the lid expanding

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Engineer code has likely been changed because it was discovered that the engineer was giving it out. For companies it's important there engineering code is kept secure.

It's also possible the code has been locked upon doing this.

I fail to see how shorting the PIR wiring out would damage the panel, but I suppose it is Risco. This really should be checked there maybe no damage to the panel.

Panel and sensors very untidy.

As I said earlier in the thread everyone will have a different opinion on what panel to use.

I wouldn't put Risco back in but it may be easier to swap like for like in a DIY situation now that we know your system is actually EOL.

On 02/01/2018 at 10:35, sixwheeledbeast said:

Engineer code has likely been changed because it was discovered that the engineer was giving it out. For companies it's important there engineering code is kept secure.

It's also possible the code has been locked upon doing this.

I fail to see how shorting the PIR wiring out would damage the panel, but I suppose it is Risco. This really should be checked there maybe no damage to the panel.

Panel and sensors very untidy.

As I said earlier in the thread everyone will have a different opinion on what panel to use.

I wouldn't put Risco back in but it may be easier to swap like for like in a DIY situation now that we know your system is actually EOL.

Hello

no one has been near the panel,since I changed the engineer code myself.....worked fine for years then suddenly wasn’t there anymore......defaulting the device reset the master code, but my number and the default number do nothing....the original installers actually told me how to default the panel to restore engineer code.....so not locked in anyway......I removed the PIR  and the powers supply came out and sparked, then the panel was dead.....so the PSU was stopped to,the unused phone dialler module........

so the oanel has had a PSU fault, the outside box is falling apart, had to bypass tamper as the case distorted (30 years old) the flashing LED in the box came apart, so don’t know which of the three wires go where in the connector ( not urgent I guess )

one of the keypads has a broken front flap ( again not urgent ) but get the occasional system in use from the exit keypad .....the other keypad no problem 

so so it’s not very happy at the moment......as I will get an alarm installer, not the original one I think.....to install the necessary equipment......what is my best choice for an alarm system p l e a s e......

8 PIR ‘s

8 smoke detectors

3 door contacts

all wired

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

3 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Hello

no one has been near the panel,since I changed the engineer code myself.....worked fine for years then suddenly wasn’t there anymore......defaulting the device reset the master code, but my number and the default number do nothing....the original installers actually told me how to default the panel to restore engineer to 1234.....so not locked in anyway......I removed the PIR  and the powers supply came out and sparked, then the panel was dead.....so the PSU was stopped to,the unused phone dialler module........

so the oanel has had a PSU fault, the outside box is falling apart, had to bypass tamper as the case distorted (30 years old) the flashing LED in the box came apart, so don’t know which of the three wires go where in the connector ( not urgent I guess )

one of the keypads has a broken front flap ( again not urgent ) but get the occasional system in use from the exit keypad .....the other keypad no problem 

so so it’s not very happy at the moment......as I will get an alarm installer, not the original one I think.....to install the necessary equipment......what is my best choice for an alarm system p l e a s e......

8 PIR ‘s

8 smoke detectors

3 door contacts

all wired

At moment depends on your budget , which I thought you can't do , so after a few u turns I suggest you make your mind up what to do , not having a dig dude, just you changing your mind every post 

Surely this would just blow a fuse, either way it doesn't matter, this is a huge difference from the suspected faulty keypad we initially tried to diagnose.

It would have helped to know the full picture from the original post IMO, this could explain some of the posts you received.

A system of that size would need to be a commercial size panel, so as we said before expect it to be considerably more than £400.

There is no best choice, every installer will have a different selection of kit that they offer. Let them study the property and assess the risk to the property.

You really need to get some installers round to quote the system, expect them to quote to replace all electronic components.

If it is helpful post up the equipment specified in the quotes you get and we can try to advise you further.

Wasn’t under the impression it was a commercial size panel......I have the original spec sheet, would that help ?

this started off with just a power down default, to reset the engineer code and maybe one new KP....seems to be escalating...

I will arrange for 3 quotes......

has anyone any ideas about the engineer code not being reset, based on the info I provided ?

Most domestics would be 8 zones or less generally.

in relation to defaulting ect, providing you did the default correctly I would suggest either

1. It was locked

2. Panel has done something odd.

either way that’s not going to help you now, panels can do some odd stuff especially when back up batteries are depleted and being defaulted ect.

i have seen some panels not recover from defaulting.

good luck with your quotes