Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 having problems

Steve Jones

16 minutes ago, Hillbilly said:

Use the wiring thats there and replace with a Gardtec 600 panel. More or less the same programming but I would change the wiring to EOL.

qfa the cheaper diy wireless are not good, and the wiring is normally the last thing to fail its wire, it doesnt have electronic components in it. The risco cp8 uses the same eol as the 800 its only 9 zones though.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

We’ll call it a day, didn’t come on here to be mocked.......

wanted some help to some serious quaestions......I will find out another way..

as I said the wiring is 30 years old, so a wireless system seems the way to go.......

maybe this can can be closed now, don’t think I will find out what I need.....

Your not being mocked Steve, the good wireless is very expensive and would cost more than the £400 you didn’t want to spend anyway, they are just as hard to set up and program.

i would always use the wiring if given the option, providing it’s all okay of course

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Steve Jones said:

wanted some help to some serious quaestions......I will find out another way..

as I said the wiring is 30 years old, so a wireless system seems the way to go.......

maybe this can can be closed now, don’t think I will find out what I need.....

Definitely wasn't mocking you

And doesn't change your budget is busted

2 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

Based on what’s been said.....i have decided to abandon the present alarm system altogether and go for a wireless one.....easier to install also..

Some of the alarm wiring  was installed in 1987 so not sure how long it will be before any of that fails, buried between floorboards, in walls etc etc.......

so just need a good wireless alarm system, with approx 11 PIR’s 5 door sensors 3-4 smoke alarms 1-2 KP’s ( need partset overnight so may need 2 KP,s)

If that's what you have on your current system and you have been quoted £400, I don't know how they are making a living.

I don't think I could buy my preferred suitable Panel, Expander and Keypads and have much change left.

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Nah, even Yale is going to bust your budget 

Based on what your saying now I think your making it all up, no one in there right mind would go from wired to wireless unless you had to

Like I said , budget is busted , although some Chinese gear from.ebay might do you

This does sound a little patronising, so I appreciate your reaction.

However, it is true that with the budget you have stated so far you will not get anywhere near the appropriate kit if you have chosen the wireless route.

1 hour ago, sjsturner said:

the good wireless is very expensive and would cost more than the £400 you didn’t want to spend anyway, they are just as hard to set up and program.

i would always use the wiring if given the option, providing it’s all okay of course

Exactly. Wireless would be more than double the price of fixing up what you have.

3 hours ago, Steve Jones said:

being a kind sole I've Pm'd a link to full euro on ebay,  w/o checking its about £5 less then I'd paid trade for one

I buy radio stuff from the same co. the items your described would cost nearer a grand

Good luck

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Thanks, for all the help

will stick with wired, seems sensible and as you point out cheaper and more reliable....

i need a new panel and two keypads.....so if the consensus is a 600 I will go with that...

Could you explain the EOL reference ? Sounds like end of line.......

i live in essex, any suggestions for an installer ?

thanks

• Downvote 1

Going to try and keep the existing alarm working until I can afford a gardtec 600 or similar...just the panel and two keypads...

just powered down my 800 and attempted to default codes

master code now at default but entering default eng code does not bring up an engineer message

i changed the engineer code from that provided, many years ago, but somehow the system ‘ forgot it ‘

so can’t be locked I assume ?

thanks any ideas please ?

Edited by MrHappy
defaulting info removed
  • Downvote 1